i need some advice

hoerter2158

Aug 14, 2007
I was going to part out my blaster, but i decided i dont want to lose so much money.

My motor was rebuilt by me( not the greatest idea, but a good lesson)

It ran good for break in, then started losing power. I couldnt get it to start.

After i took it apart and found the manual randelator put on here i found out the rings were in the wrong way. The spaces were not lined up. So i took them off and reset them. Now do you think that was the problem? Everything else is good. Also the cylinder was good when i looked at it before rebuild. Does it always have to be rebored? I bought the stock piston kit for the rebuild,if i got it it rebored will the stock piston kit size still fit in the cylinder? What else could it have been.

Do you think that was the problem or what else could it be?
Also will i need any new motor parts?

If you got it bored and got a stock size piston that is a big problem!!!, and far as rings wrong i dont think that would be huge what i would do is pull the Jug "cylinder"off and check for and gougeing or any thing like that to be sure if the cylinder walls look good your fine, you said you dint run it long,,, as far as loss of power and a bad experience i had,, If you get it together and rings are right, piston is right, cylinder is good, its getting gas with a good plug and spark, good air filter and alla that.. I rebuilt mine one time but I did crank and all I put it together and it ran real goofy no power want to die then buck of for a few and bog and so on,,, i took it out and beat it thinkin I'd blow it out,,, well what I did was blow it up.. a freind shortly after "before i had a chance to think about it, Did the same sh*t,, so he took them both to a small engines class at a local college. and his decision or what he came back with was that the internal oil seals were bad,, thats what he told me,, nun the less if your bike happens to act as i described,, be weiry and shut her down right away. Not sayin thats it is but, it was an experince of mine after rebuild.
if you had it bored its probly atleast .0020 over pending if it has ever been rebuilt before, if it is .0020 i happen to have a weisco pro-lite piston with rings, pin and clips that I'll never need, get it to ya cheap if ya need one its new, box is worn out from bein moved around my garage for a few years

well it wasn't bored. The cylinder looked good when i rebuilt it so i didnt get it bored. I put it back together now and im going to see how it is when its all back in the atv

.002 is what the clearence should be between the piston and walls after it's bored. I thinl he means .020