I need reeds

Myblasterisblue

Oct 22, 2012
Tucson az
I have a stock cage with dual petal reeds, not sure what brand but I need new ones cause one is cracked. I dont care if theyre stock or aftermarket replacement petals. If anyone has any they want to sell pm me or text me 520-312-7129 thanks

I dont like reed stops. I see no purpose to them. Took the stops off a blaster with v force delta 2 reeds and rode over a year with no problems. Im kinda short on cash and was hoping someone would have a cage for sale. Mine is covered in jbweld and its hard to scrape off

I dont like reed stops. I see no purpose to them. Took the stops off a blaster with v force delta 2 reeds and rode over a year with no problems. Im kinda short on cash and was hoping someone would have a cage for sale. Mine is covered in jbweld and its hard to scrape off

They're not hard to find...
Yamaha Blaster 200 1988 2006 Boyesen Power Reeds | eBay
Used 88 06 Yamaha 200 Blaster Engine Motor Fuel Intake Reeds and Cage | eBay
1997 Yamaha Blaster Reeds and Reed 6301 Fits Most Blasters | eBay
and the list goes on,and on,and on....
Easy to find stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reed stops allow a gentle wrap around of the reed rather an abrupt bend at the base.

One day, miles from anywhere one will crack off and be swallowed by the motor, take it from one who knows riding is much nicer than walking.

I know what they do. And i cant ride miles from nowhere. I live in tucson. Even if youre nowhere theres still a major road, a walmart, border patrol or a house

How "cheap" do expect to get them? This set right here is only $4.99 starting bid (which is what they will probably sell for) and $5.15 priority mail shipping. They'll be in your hot little hands in 3 days.

Yamaha Blaster Reeds Reed Cage and Intake Boot | eBay

They're in great shape by the looks of them,and already have "two stage" reeds attached and "stoppers" for the reeds.

It would cost about the same to fill your blaster with fuel.
Seriously... how cheap do you expect to get them?
Why is there jb weld on your reed cage?

How "cheap" do expect to get them? This set right here is only $4.99 starting bid (which is what they will probably sell for) and $5.15 priority mail shipping. They'll be in your hot little hands in 3 days.

Yamaha Blaster Reeds Reed Cage and Intake Boot | eBay

They're in great shape by the looks of them,and already have "two stage" reeds attached and "stoppers" for the reeds.

It would cost about the same to fill your blaster with fuel.
Seriously... how cheap do you expect to get them?
Why is there jb weld on your reed cage?

^^^^^^^ I was thinking the same thing! I:I

There is jb weld on my reed cage and the bottom of my engine because the guy i got the blaster from felt the need to do so i guess. Instead of paying $5 for a gasket and probably the enginr seal went bad so the lazyass jb welded stuff instead of fixing iy the right way. I am slowly bringing her back to working order. Pulled my motor out yesterday. I ordered a complete engine gasket set so im going to take it to my local shop and have them split my cases so i can replace that gasket, then im going to put a heli coil insert im my exhaust stud and replace all my top end gaskets and reed gaskets. Then i should be good to ride.

There is jb weld on my reed cage and the bottom of my engine because the guy i got the blaster from felt the need to do so i guess. Instead of paying $5 for a gasket and probably the enginr seal went bad so the lazyass jb welded stuff instead of fixing iy the right way. I am slowly bringing her back to working order. Pulled my motor out yesterday. I ordered a complete engine gasket set so im going to take it to my local shop and have them split my cases so i can replace that gasket, then im going to put a heli coil insert im my exhaust stud and replace all my top end gaskets and reed gaskets. Then i should be good to ride.

Come on dude... If your taking it to a shop for repairs ,you can afford $10.14 for some reeds off of ebay. That shops hourly labor rate is probably like $60 an hour.

Also... There is no gasket that goes between the center cases.

Its nice to see someone fixing up a blaster instead of parting one out.