I Need Help!!! Please

Gennadiy

Mar 19, 2014
St.Cloud Florida
I need help with my project i bought a blaster and im having troubles with starting it, its 2004 with everything been deleted and i redid the wire harness like posted on here with the black and yellow wire grounded so i get spark. so im getting spark now and ive noticed carb was flooding the motor and coming out of overflow. i fixed that by cleaning it but still was getting flooded but gas wasent coming out the carb so i put smaller main jet 200 and moved needle up. i havent been able to start it still, for it to work when i kick it i need to hold the throttle wide open and it starts for three seconds the dies again ive tried everything chnged the cabrs, cdi, wire haness and reeds i just dont know what else i can be!!! it has a new stator and a good magnet coil is good to and cdi, carb been cleaned and i have the tors delete on it from vitos with the idle screw but cant get it to run.

floats? are all carb parts there?
02 blaster carb.gif

my bike is stock just has bigger piston and reeds. the compression test I did it with my finger and blows my finger off the whole but I haven't tested it with the tester here but the top end its not that old is 1 month old. my carb has everything there except the tors system i put vitos delete kit, its just strange that i used another carb and same thing also with older style cdi that dont have tors built in and same problem

The crankcase has possibly got a gut full of fuel and is killing the spark.

Take the plug out, turn off the gas, drain the carby and open the throttle and kick until your leg is sore.

That will purge all the gas from the crankcase.

Put a new plug in, replace the correct jet, middle clip for the needle, turn on the gas and try again.

Never lower your jet because of a flooding problem. Have you checked for correct float height that's where I would start. just cause you tried a different carb doesn't mean it can't have problems too but blaster is right, prob filled your crankcase. Are you running mix and was the block off done properly. Have you leak tested. Was the proper break in procedure done on the new top end? The last three are more likely to cause a lean condition but need to be checked anyway

i havent leek tested it and blaster you right i took off fatty pipe and was gas inside the pipe i well try again to start it and see what happens. the float is adjusted now and its not leaking no more. Thank you guys for help

putting your finger in the hole and kicking it will not tell you anything.

It you didnt properly break in the new rings, you could have lowered the compression.

leak test and compression test

ok so i got the gas out and started it but it dont rev up and the only way for me to keep it running by holding throttle, its started right away with second kick so im thinking compression is ok but why cant i rev up? i put back carb to factory with 230 jet and niddle in middle

this is what happened i bought the bike complete in parts and everything was disconnected and missing so i found a thread to show you how to rewire your harness from cdi, i have yellow with black wire grounded and green and yellow cut and left al

this is what happened i bought the bike complete in parts and everything was disconnected and missing so i found a thread to show you how to rewire your harness from cdi, i have yellow with black wire grounded and green and yellow cut and left al
If your talking about the TORS wires on an 03+ delete. You need to loop them to trick the cdi onto thinking its functional.

Go back up to Awk's post and follow those TORS removal instructions. That might be the ticket.

i cant really do that because the harness i got with the bike he cut all the plugs on it so it only had orange, the three wires for stator and regulator but had yellow with black hanging also green with yellow hanging and the kill switch wire. when you splice the tors cables you pretty much grounding them arent you? and how do you bypass the break wire?