i need advice

That's a good question. Not trying to thread jack but what if they were LEDs? if it isn't hard I might try and make my own LED tail light some day.

Easy and easy with the correct tools!
Could you give a basic summary of what needs done with what tools? I would be interested if they are LED or not

Reactions: jamie duncan
you have a limited wattage to work with. 52 watts i believe. LED's will hook right up. They will flicker at idle and low rpms. If you want to make them stop flickering you need to replace the regulator with a regulator/rectifier.

you have a limited wattage to work with. 52 watts i believe. LED's will hook right up. They will flicker at idle and low rpms. If you want to make them stop flickering you need to replace the regulator with a regulator/rectifier.

I figured they probably would but don't LEDs typically need less power than the standard bulbs on the blaster?

Been a while since I did anything or learned anything electrical so I could be way off but would a capacitor help with the low rpm dimming?
To install LED lights I did the following

The blaster has an AC electrical system, meaning it Alternating Current. To fix the low rpm dimming you need to switch to Direct Current or DC. There are many ways to do this but the way that I did it was follow these steps.

1. Float the ground on the stator. I will direct you assuming you have taken the stator off the bike:

1A. Follow the Yellow/Red wire to one of the coils. This will be the 'lighting coil' and it supplies AC electricity to the lights. On the other side of this coil there will be a mounting screw and attached to that screw will be a wire.You need to 'unground' or "desolder" that wire, and solder/connect a new wire (mine is red) to it and then run that wire up to your new Regulator/Rectifier

I used THIS Regulator/Rectifier. $40 on ebay. I am sure you can find a cheaper one that could work but to each his/her own.

Solder the orginal wire (yellow/red) that went to the stock rectifier to one of the yellows then the wire you just attached to the other yellow wire.

2. Get a small battery. I used a battery out of an Exit Sign, or emergency light thing in buildings. Its small enough to fit in the compartment behind the air filter.

3. Wire LED lights to stock light switch, light switch to battery, LED to ground on Frame or Ground on battery, either should work. And your done. Now the lights will work when the atv is off AND it will also charge the battery while running so it wont die on you.

I dont think I left anything out but if I did someone will correct me!

Reactions: dirtysquared
That sums up the ground float. You can also use a 12v cycle battery and run a cigarette lighter, gps, all the lights you could ever want and an electric cooler to keep your barley pops cold.