I have a few questions about my new blaster

redranger

Jun 20, 2009
Topeka, KS
Hey everybody. I just got my new blaster and I have some questions. First off the pipe is got a bunch of surface rust, how can i remove it?

Also, it still has the oil injection on it. Is this - Yamaha Blaster oil injection pump block off plate:eBay Motors (item 120467860987 end time Sep-19-09 06:37:58 PDT) - a good idea for blocking it off?? As far as i can see the only thing missing is the gaskets.

Does anyone know who makes heel guards for them? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Last, I have the stock pipe for it and stock rear tires if anyone is interested in them

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
i use steel wool to remove surface rust unless its bad then try a whire wheel an the block off kit looks fine to me its the same thing that vitos sells except for theirs has gaskets

i use steel wool to remove surface rust unless its bad then try a whire wheel an the block off kit looks fine to me its the same thing that vitos sells except for theirs has gaskets

cool thats what i thought! I will have to try the steel wool tomorrow. how did you make your heel guards?

the heel guard itself is stock but i added a piece of diamond plate i had a friend cut for me at work i just made some templates of what i wanted an he did the rest lol

oh haha, that's cool man. Im thinking about finding some metal and attempting to put something together! I can't find any aftermarket heelguards for blasters anywhere!

i believe blasterfreek30 made some that look realy nice you might check around here for some ideas or talk to freak him an battbike make some nice stuff they might can help you out a lil bit

heres a pic of the heel guards and nerfs i made

100_3493.jpg

are the k & n good or should i just put a no toil on it?

and is there a warrenty on it even though i'm not the original owner?

im not sure on the waranty probably have to have the reciept for it, an i prefer to use foam filters they seem to filter a lil better the k&n let the realy fine dirt an dust through

The only real way to prep your rusty pipe is to sand blast it, whipe it down with acetone and give it 4 lights coats of VHT header paint or a product called Stove Bright. They make a metalic gold color that looks great. Re install your pipe and fire the motor and only let the pipe heat a little, say 150 degrees. Let it cool down all the way and then take it to 300, cool all the way then 600 degrees etcetera, etc, etc. This is the only way to get hi temp paint to work. If you bake the solvents out of the paint too fast the paint will bubble and flake off.

Reactions: L.T.
The only real way to prep your rusty pipe is to sand blast it, whipe it down with acetone and give it 4 lights coats of VHT header paint or a product called Stove Bright. They make a metalic gold color that looks great. Re install your pipe and fire the motor and only let the pipe heat a little, say 150 degrees. Let it cool down all the way and then take it to 300, cool all the way then 600 degrees etcetera, etc, etc. This is the only way to get hi temp paint to work. If you bake the solvents out of the paint too fast the paint will bubble and flake off.

nice to know that thanks

when i had my stock exhaust i just cleaned it up good with soap and water then sprayed on a few coats of hi-temp grill paint. worked awesome with no flaking, it kinda seeps into the metal. good stuff!! I:I I:I

im glad somebody finally mentioned sandblasting adn repainting. thats the best way. the grill paint looks just as good as teh other, but sets easier, once its heated its set. k&n's are good, just use an outerwears. otherwise use a foam filter. its always a good practice to use the outerwears, for more added protection.

also you dont need to waste your money on the block off plates for the oild injection. do a search for oil injection, theres probly 150 threads about it. takje the pump off, remove the drive shaft anbd plastic gear, then reinstall the pump with a new gasket. the pump wont work. is there anyway some body can write this whole thing up and sticky it? it will cut down on the oild injection threads........

im not sure on the waranty probably have to have the reciept for it, an i prefer to use foam filters they seem to filter a lil better the k&n let the realy fine dirt an dust through

which i was never really impressed with k&n to begin with. so heres my next question. if i put a foam filter back on will i have to rejet or will it be close to the same air intake?

i believe that k&n let more air in, so probly. and the warranty is lifetime, even if you arent the original owner, im pretty sure. doublr check me, but im almost positve.