Hydrualic brake Assembly Q's.

blasterbogger

Mar 10, 2010
Miami,Florida
I Currently Bought A Extended Swinger That Brought A Billet Carrier That Says Rad Blaster On It. I am Not Going To Run The Swinger Because It Is For Another Bike.. So The Dude i Bought it off Said That It had hydrualic brakes on em. How Can i be able to run this carrier is it just a bolt on setup in the back, and the just weld a bracket on the frame for the brakes.

I Currently Bought A Extended Swinger That Brought A Billet Carrier That Says Rad Blaster On It. I am Not Going To Run The Swinger Because It Is For Another Bike.. So The Dude i Bought it off Said That It had hydrualic brakes on em. How Can i be able to run this carrier is it just a bolt on setup in the back, and the just weld a bracket on the frame for the brakes.

dude those carriers are nice!! did he say it had blasty brakes on it or some universal kit? once u get it you will be able to see what needs to be done

I run a "rad blaster" carrier
I have my gsxr brake kit bolted to it with just a couple spacers, but it looks to be setup for
03+ or shee brakes to bolt right on ?
And its aluminum, so i'd say no welding to it ?
It's also has dual row bearings and a grease zerk

Yea, I run an SRP but similiar setup to a RAD - aluminium/dual row/grease zerk etc. I'm curious though, from the description it sounds as if you are trying to retrofit a carrier from something else, I would suggest that you do not go this route ... pics possibly so we can see what your working with, as I'm with AWK in that you wont be welding that carrier easily. A little more info in what the carrier came from etc. would help for suggestions and like stated ... pics

I think if it says "rad blaster"
Its for a blaster ?
Surely rad carriers for shee's and 250r's don't say "blaster" on them ?

I think if it says "rad blaster"
Its for a blaster ?
Surely rad carriers for shee's and 250r's don't say "blaster" on them ?

good point I missed that, But if it a RAD blaster then why would you have to weld a brake bracket ... thats what got me ... lol

good point I missed that, But if it a RAD blaster then why would you have to weld a brake bracket ... thats what got me ... lol

true, he just hasnt seen it yet, and doesnt know that it's ready to accept hydro brakes

lol i just looked and the rad carrier for a banshee does in fact say " rad banshee" on it. thats a sweet touch from a maker I:I

Not to get off track ... but I wonder what swingarm that carrier was fit in since the swing was not for a blaster? And I'm assuming he bought a 03+ carrier then for an older blaster hence the hydro question..

The swinger had no brakes on them.

the 89 axle should slip right in
curious to know if it is in fact the 03+ rad carrier already setup to accept those hydro's, or an 88-02 version of the rad

pics ??????

The Rad came off an 03 bike so it has to accept hydros but not sure if it will work on a 89 swinger? I guess im going to clean the carrier some and slap it on and see if banshee brakes bolt up. @awk08 how much is the kit for those gsxr brakes?

if it came from an 03 blaster, why wouldnt the whole swinger bolt right on ????
they are all the same except a few hold downs for hydro lines on the 03+

and $185 for gsxr's

You dont understand i am putting the carrier on a 89 swinger.

no, you don't understand, all blaster swingarms are identical, 88-06
except the 03+ have a few small clamps for holding the hydro line, like the ones up on the frame for holding the brake and clutch lines

what makes you think they are different ???
i have an 06 frame with an 01 motor and swinger on it

Thats all i needed to know. You explained better so now I UNDERSTAND! lmao Yea as long as the carrier fits im str8, ill figure out the braket for the brake.

anyone here from arkansas that knows how to work on these and does anyone know how to find rear pads for the trenga hydro rear break now that they are gone?

anyone here from arkansas that knows how to work on these and does anyone know how to find rear pads for the trenga hydro rear break now that they are gone?

as far as i know, those trenga brakes sucked, hence the "not made anymore"
get me a pic of the old brake pads, maybe i can match sumthin up