Hydro conv. Question

dwcth

Apr 27, 2009
I dont have a welder but I have the ability to cut and drill metal so....

Can I do a good Rear Hydro. conversion without welding anything???

i assume ur blasty is a pre03 that has cable breaks, i think it would be pretty tough without being able to weld a bracket to hold the master cylinder, other than that it could proabably be done

i assume ur blasty is a pre03 that has cable breaks, i think it would be pretty tough without being able to weld a bracket to hold the master cylinder, other than that it could proabably be done

He hit it on the nose.Other than welding a tab for master cylinder and possibly extending the pedal(could get an 03 pedal to avoid) than it probably can be done.Be patient and thoughtful and it may be able to be done without any machines.

yes... it is a 91'
I was afraid of that...

I was thinking I could use clamps or some other means of clamping on the Master cylinder but I cant see anything other than a weld holding it in place.....

hmmm....

I might buy a small welder and teach myself how to weld.....
It cant be that hard to put a small bead down right?>??????

u could possibly use 2 small conduit hangers( alittle smaller than the frame tube diameter), put the hangers around the frame and line up the cylinder mount holes with the hangers, and u can mount the master cylinder through the holes in the 1 side of the hanger, u could use a nylon locking nut and crank it down super tight where it wont move......just an idea

tomorrow I plan on seeing of I could make some type of mounting bracket that could bolt onto the frame somewhere...... I will see what I can "engineer" .... with the existing mounting points on the frame.... from what I can see on my other ATV's.... the angle of the peddle and the master cylinder really doesn't matter too much.....
If I come up with any revelations tomorrow i will take pictures and post.......

my 94 with hydro conversion doesnt have the stopping power that my 04 has and WILL NOT lock up i think its the angle that the mastercyl is welded to the frame but i may be wrong so make sure to do your homework completely before doing it to be sure

i have a banshee hydro rear setup.i have a pre 03 to.all you have to do is get the 03+footpegs with the brake and it already has the "extension" on it from the hydros on the 03.the master cylinder you can bolt to where the heel guards bolt to the frame.you will have to make a braket to hold the caliper on unless you get the banshee carrier

i have a banshee hydro rear setup.i have a pre 03 to.all you have to do is get the 03+footpegs with the brake and it already has the "extension" on it from the hydros on the 03.the master cylinder you can bolt to where the heel guards bolt to the frame.you will have to make a braket to hold the caliper on unless you get the banshee carrier

What good is a shee carrier.The shee carrier will not be a direct bolt up.It is useless for the most part.

i am doing this project myself in a couple days i will take pics if i can but i am using a welder. you could do something like this i dont know how safe it is to drill through the frame there but then just bolt the Master Cylinder on there.

rearhydroproject.jpg

do not drill holes in the frame it will weaken the hell out of the tube is there nobody in your town that does welding that if you make the brackets and take it there and have them weld it real quick

i just did a conversion for my yamaha. i have an 02 and the kit i aquired off ebay bolted right up with no welding or drilling what so ever all wwe day was bolt it up adjusted the pads and bled them and they are great. the kit is made by enginete.

i just did a conversion for my yamaha. i have an 02 and the kit i aquired off ebay bolted right up with no welding or drilling what so ever all wwe day was bolt it up adjusted the pads and bled them and they are great. the kit is made by enginete.

lets see some pics

i used a tri-z pedal an welded in a bracket i made for the master cylinder im not a great welder but with a lil practice its not that hard i chopped up a couple of realtor signs an practiced on the angle iron