How To Remove Your TORS (88-02 models)

yeah thats what i did, but i elimated athe wires going to the carb. and somthing happened

heres what i got left of the harness. the wires coming out of the stator hooks into the wires coming back from the cdi unit. thats all. am i missin something to make it run?

three wires going back to stator and coil
3.jpg

wire1.jpg

connected to stator and coil and ground hooked up
wire2.jpg

Yes for your year just unplug. They just say to cut to clean it up a bit, but i just wire tied mine to the harness out of the way!

Thanks Slick! You helped out a lot! i think that is the problem that is preventing me from starting my engine on....I left the reserve gas on all night on accident and i think this activated the TORS...but I dont know if that is the main problem.

i dont know what colors the wires are... there are only 2 wires heading from the cdi to throttle so obviously those are the ones you need lol then the same thing for the wires that go into the top of the tors unit. you are overcomplicating this, its very easy. I:I

Help help help,

It all started with a stuck float. Took apart the carb and cleaned everything. Put it all back and the float problem was fixed but then it would rev way up to where i had to kill the switch.

I did the procedure above and it is still revving up to where I have to kill it.

We are going on a trip with it Thursday, so i have to get this fixed.

Thanks
Bob

Did you just unplug box and leave the brick on the carb? Did you check that the throttle worked properly? If you had slide out the needle may not have gone into emulsion tube when you put it back in. Also open the "brick" and lube the pivot.

I just did a full rebuild top and bottom (wiseco prolite piston and performance crank assembly !) and went out to do the break in, I was ridin for like 2 minutes and when I hit the throttle the engine died. I pulled the fuel hose off the carb and turned the gas on and gas was flowing fine so I know fuel is getting to the carb. The engine starts but dies when I hit the throttle, could I have a problem with the T.O.R.S. ? What else would cause that to happen ? Pleasee help me I have soo much money invested and time not being able to ride and I NEED to ride a.s.a.p. before I go crazy.

I would recomend purchasing a kill switch after removing the throttle overide.They make a cool one with a key with a cable that goes around your wrist.Not to sure on the button kill switch there crap and dont work all the time.I think.But better safe than sorry if your carb sticks wide open.:eek:

I just did a full rebuild top and bottom (wiseco prolite piston and performance crank assembly !) and went out to do the break in, I was ridin for like 2 minutes and when I hit the throttle the engine died. I pulled the fuel hose off the carb and turned the gas on and gas was flowing fine so I know fuel is getting to the carb. The engine starts but dies when I hit the throttle, could I have a problem with the T.O.R.S. ? What else would cause that to happen ? Pleasee help me I have soo much money invested and time not being able to ride and I NEED to ride a.s.a.p. before I go crazy.

Hella old post but sounds like sticky or out of adjustmet float.Your bowl will fill slowly with fuel and will run for a min but motor is taking more fuel faster than the bowl fills up same if your float is not letting bowl fill up correctly with partially closed valve.Throttle overide?Get rid of that like you would your oil pump.I:I

Help help help,

It all started with a stuck float. Took apart the carb and cleaned everything. Put it all back and the float problem was fixed but then it would rev way up to where i had to kill the switch.

I did the procedure above and it is still revving up to where I have to kill it.

We are going on a trip with it Thursday, so i have to get this fixed.

Thanks
Bob

Possible air leek or jetting and needle valve lean.Mine does this as well has air leak around the cap.Another reason to ditch the tors.

my 98 blaster starts hard but then idles fine once started...but wont rev up afterwards,,does this sound like a tors problem, cause it looks as if the tors is already removed or bypassed by previous owner..