How to install yfz450 rear shock

LoneWolfNY

Dec 30, 2008
Long Island NY
I'm not lazy I read the whole section on suspension and couldn't find a step by step how to. I'v picked up from one post you needs washers to fill up the spaces where the top and bottom bolts go threw, and another about cutting the bottom shock and drilling new hole. But nothing exact. If someone can atleast put up a close up photo of the top and of the bottom I'm sure it will be self-explanatory.

BTW-> Can you only install it on a extended swingarm or on a stock one too? I will be installing mine on a extended one.

Thanks
Mike

i have the kfz 400 rear setup..wich mounts the same way(i think,dont quote me), all it takes is a little drilling on the bottom and some bushings and washers from the local hardware store. , but D.jackson and his brither Fabb3 both have the yfx450 rear shock, im sure if ya asked reall nice they could do a little diy on it !!! are ya sure there already isnt a diy,

if y adont get some help from someone, let me know..ill walk ya through how to mod the upper and lower shock mounts. you should definitly talk to fabb3 or jackson, they mounted that shock up nice
here is a pics of what i did to mine to make it work
PC110054.jpg

PC110053.jpg

its easy to mount. just cut the lower mounting bracket shorter. leave about 1" and drill new holes. it just takes new grade 8 bolts and a few washer to make it work. i can get you pictures if you really want them.

You guys are great thank you! The pictures really help me, just wanted to double check. The info was on here but it was scatered with parts from different people. I wanted to make sure I had the right idea of what needed to be done by one source.

One thing I was confused about was the cutting of the bottom shorter. I now have a better understanding.

Thanks again

When I do mine, I'll put up a DIY with pictures if there isn't one by then. To help others.