How to get off tierode ends?

I just loosen the king nuts to where the top of the nut is flush w/ the end of the bolt and hit it w/ a big hammer. This way the threads are protected. I'm sure there's a tool for this somewhere though.

yeah you can use a gear puller, place the jaws around the a arm and center the driving pin on the tierod end and start tightening down, this will push the tie rod end out...otherwise like bbeers said king nut and hit with a hammer, ive got a deadblow hammer from sears that works really nice, soft enough not to ruin threads but hard enough to give it a whack!

Thanks for the info.I got it off but man that widding kit is a pain in the a to put on.I really dont like how you have to use the washers to line it up.Also my kits bolts were either too long or too short.So i had to go to the hardware store to get some more.It took alot longer than what i thought and i tellya i really dont like the setup.It does look nice on there because i painted it a silver color to match the frame.=))

Puller? Big Hammer? Air Chisel? HeeHee! The bolt that goes thru the tie rod is a tampered Bolt. The easiest way to get the tie rod off is a bit of vibration. Place the tie rod with the bolt in a vertical postion, threads up. Place a 2lb hammer oneside and procede to smack the other a deadblow hammer. Tada! The weight of the brake and spindle should make it just pop right out!