How to fix your bent steering stem for less than $5

Bastardblaster

Jun 8, 2010
Locust grove, ga
As many of you know a blaster has ALOT of power and along with that power comes damage, like flipping it and bending the steering stem neck heres a couple steps to fix it.
Materials needed: sheet metal cutting pliers and 20 or 22 gauge steel sheet
First go to your local hard ware store and get a small sheet of 20 or 22 gauge steel which will cost you $5 or less because u don't need much, if your steering stem is super bent or twisted, if that's possible, this won't help this is for small bend but that are noticable
Step two take a pair of sheet metal cutters and cut a strip 1x1/2", I used 2 u may need more depending on how bad it's bent
step three take the clamps off your handle bars and place one piece of metal at the bottom of the clamp of the side that is bent down, then push down so that it starts to take the shape
step four bolt the handle bars and clamps down, get level with the bars and repeat this until u can't tell that they're bent
and it's that easy

I couldn't get any pics because I kinda did it then was like hmmm someone else might want to try this, and it's not from bad riding mine bent from a hill climb that as soon as it got the top the power band kicked in and made it flip

That story made me lol. Still sounds like bad riding if the powerband from a pretty much sock Blaster made you flip.

Its pretty easy, when you can sit lean over the handle bars and still have the front end pull up, specially on hills, my bike did a backflip like that, haha but I was starting at the bottom of the hill in a creek.

I know what he is talking about, I hill climb all the time. It isn't the powerband though. Most the hills I climb are there steepest at the top. If your tires start slipping then when it starts grabbing as it quickly levels out you feel the front end come up, expecially if you are low end 2nd gear, I have never tipped mine back but its been close, usually end up just cat walkin it. Maybe sometime i will put a vid of my favourite hill climb on my property, not very long, but its pretty steep, and the crest is only a yard and a half wide before a huge practically cliff you have to not go down. Maybe i will do it when i get my new chain and sprockets