How To Custom Vent Your Hood

dirtyblaster

Mar 26, 2007
removing your headlight will help get rid of wind resistance, it will also help cool your engine a little bit. some race programs require you to remove your head light. it also looks sick!

the screen i used is called a rain gutter screen.

first cut quarter piece off push it down in the nose piece and bend it until it looks even, after that is done keep it in there and find a spot in the wire part and drill a hole into the plastic then simply put a screw in with a nut on the inside. this is a good project to do if you are bored. it took me an hour and half to do this

i will add more info and pics later

this is what the rain gutter looks like. u can get them from a hardware store for 3-5 bucks the screen is much longer than the one i this pic since i used it

if u have a hacksaw and a wire wheel u can shorten those bolts

meaning taking the bolts out and then doing that

Looks good man im about to start building another blaster, im supposed to be going down to rr97guys house sunday an help him out with some blaster trouble an gettin a motor from him then i can get a complete frame for 100 dollars so don't worry i'll be back rockin a blaster in a short while.

ahh i don't like having the head light in with a metal screen because my friend melted the top of his plastic like that. but he was ridng all night so it got too hot

Look Good

But if it was me i would have used rivets instead of screws.
Just my .002

i was gonna use rivits but if i needed to remove the screen for some reason it would be a pain in the @ss to drill out the rivits

Believe it or not,they hold pretty well
And the good thing is they dont oxidize

you can leave the light in and just put a strip of heat sheild tape above it! (like your exhaust is)

Looks good, I likes. I did the same on the Banshee. Do youself a favor and spray enamel on it to keep it from weathering + makes it easier to clean. I learned that after a Pismo Beach trip, the salt really stuck to it but no more!

PismoBeach066.jpg