How to check transmission oil level??

mblaster

May 2, 2010
I just bought a used 98 blaster in good condition and I thought it would be a good idea to change the fluids and start off right with it. Here is my problem and it probably sounds stupid but how do I check to see if I added enough transmission fluid to the blaster. The first time I checked it the window was totally full so I drained some fluid out until the oil level was between my high and low range marks on the window. Then I rode it and let it sit for a half an hour or so and when I checked the window it showed no oil in it at all. I then added a little oil to bring it back up in between the high and low marks. Rode it again for a short period, let it sit over night, checked the fluid level in the window and this time the window was totally full?? How do correctly check the oil level? In the morning before it has been ran at all, or do I let it warm up then turn off the engine and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before checking the level in the window? I know this sounds like a dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. And if the level is a little high, what will effect will having a little too much fluid have on the engine/transmission?

drain it put in 650ml and call it good....if you have no leaks then you shouldnt have to worry about it till the next time you change it

yeah just like yb said, just drain it and put the right amount in and your good. what you have in there right now will not be a total loss either, consider it like a good douching with good oil..