how much work would this be?

Youd have a counterbalanced 250 2 stroke that would generate more reliable power than a worked blaster engine (and just more power). So in my eyes it would be worth it, and would be much smoother than a regular 250 swap.

The TRX250R engines didn't make great power stock, about 33 is what I've read. Down from the reported 38 of the 85/86 ATC250R. For the $650 to buy the engine, the $300+ you're going to have to spend on a pipe, carb, intake, reeds, electrical and a harness, you be ready to start the hours and hours of work and be spending more in the rights to do the mods. You'll likely be at $1500 plus the cost of the roller and 50 hours of mod time, you'll have a 250R powered Blaster making 33-35 HP. Or 240cc Big Bore Blaster Complete Package......$929.00

Kit includes: Re-sleeving your cylinder with a big bore sleeve, CT porting, head re-chambering, modified big bore piston kit, Keihin 35mm PWK pre-jetted carburetor, air box adapter tube, throttle cable, TDR reeds, CT Sonic pipe and silencer, top-end gasket set, and installation labor. This kit is for the stock Blaster cylinder. This kit price is for you shipping us your cylinder and head. That is capable of number more like this:

Attachments

• NEW 240 CYL..jpg
    NEW 240 CYL..jpg
    19 KB · Views: 128
wow i didnt know the trx's were that low in power they must have great torque numbers thoo. hell if you wanna make 30+hp all you really need is head work and port timeing to make them numbers out of a stock blaster motor. no need for expensive bbks or big carbs

Re: how much work would this be

wow i didnt know the trx's were that low in power they must have great torque numbers thoo. hell if you wanna make 30+hp all you really need is head work and port timeing to make them numbers out of a stock blaster motor. no need for expensive bbks or big carbs
-
That's what I've read the numbers to be. I've always thought it sounded low too. Maybe someone has charts or something on those engines with better information.

My take on it is any swap will be a lot of time getting the bugs out.
You know, the crazy little things like strange vibrations, parts that crack, parts that rub, right sized radiator, good air filter set up, proper gearing, etc.

What advantage does a TRX250R motor in a Blaster have over a TRX250R?
You are missing the wheelbase, shocks, suspension, width, ergonomics, brakes and cache (which is worth about $3500 around here).