How much should my jet change for winter?

i bump my main up from a 155 to a 162 when the temps get below 40 degrees F.
and anything below 30, is too cold for me to ride in. but if i did i'd prolly go one size larger again, just to be safe

but heres what the manual says for stock carb, with oil injection still connected...........

2ew1udj.jpg

of course a plug chop for each jet, at whatever temps will tell the real story

but i'm also wondering if the manual suggested jetting changes for cold weather are a little lean, as that is with the stock oil injection connected and working, which reportedly injects at 20:1 ?????
so there will be an abundance of spare oil laying in the cases at all times ???? and a constant flow of oil, no matter what jet is used
during cold weather i'd say oil is the main concern, not fuel for cooling as the cold temps will negate alot of that ????

all just thoughts to ponder ????

I'd start with 260 and work my way down. Of course the only real way to know if your jetting is correct is by doing a plug chop.

Good luck!

the manual pic above says use the 240 for -10 degrees and below,
so i'd say yeah, a 240-250 should be good to well below zero,
why the hell you'd be riding in them conditions is beyond me

the manual pic above says use the 240 for -10 degrees and below,
so i'd say yeah, a 240-250 should be good to well below zero,
why the hell you'd be riding in them conditions is beyond me

Well a few buddies and me ride every single weekend, so we pull through haha. This weekend im gonna plug chop with a few plugs. What jet's do you think i should jet like every jet between 240 and 260

Well a few buddies and me ride every single weekend, so we pull through haha. This weekend im gonna plug chop with a few plugs. What jet's do you think i should jet like every jet between 240 and 260

If it were me id go atleast 2 sizes bigger on the main and immedaitely do a plug chop to see where you are.

Better safe than sorry in my opinion.Especially if the weather is like here where it could be 50 in the day and 25 at night thats a big drop.

But ill admit anything below 50 and im not riding so if you and your buddies ride every weekend in the cold kudos to you sir!I:I

how cold is too cold for you? may want to just order a 270 at the same time too if you're going to be out there when its REALLY cold out

It's amazing in 5th gear then sliding around corners hoping in your mind you don't slide to far or your wheels don't catch WEEEEEEHEEEEEE

not me give me a hot dry summer day in the sand or along a river any day over snow.

what are you guys wearing for winter gear even in my carharts its too cold for me.

im not going to lie it dont much cold and pussy hurts lmfao

Sweat Pants over top of Jeans 2 pairs of long socks boots 2 sweaters and a coat ski mask and helmet o ya don't forget thermals pants and long sleeve shirt and im good to go all day