How much is this head milled?

DLStryker

Oct 18, 2012
Purchased this head off of ebay. Looks to me like milled with no rechambering. Do you agree? How much do you think it has been milled?

If it's salvageable, I'll be sending it to Joe for the rechambering.

DLStryker

Attachments

• Head1.jpg
    Head1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Head2.jpg
    Head2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Head3.jpg
    Head3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 97
Looks to me to have been opened up in the dome.Check the squish on it and cc it., saveable I think from what I have seen on here.
Do a search on this topic of head re chambering and cutting., there is soo much to learn about it her already.And on youtube courtesy of KOR I believe.

Looks to me to have been opened up in the dome.Check the squish on it and cc it., saveable I think from what I have seen on here.
Do a search on this topic of head re chambering and cutting., there is soo much to learn about it her already.And on youtube courtesy of KOR I believe.

Yes. I purchased this head before I had researched on here all of the dynamics related to milling/rechambering a head. Before, I thought just milling the head for additional compression was the answer. Good thing I did not install this head without the rechambering! Probably would have beat the piston or bearings up.
DLStryker

Yes that head has been re-chambered.
The combustion chamber looks huge (large CC volume) = low compression.
My guess is 33 CC's + .
If you have a moment,perhaps you can CC it and see?