How much does having a title increase price?

Ghost

Apr 24, 2013
Title says it all.
How much would having the title and manual and all that good stuff straight from the dealer increase the price of your blaster? If it does at all.

I mean, asides from being able to prove ownership whats it matter if you have it? In my area you do not need to get them registered to ride or anything so it doesn't mean much.

But i have the title for mine, and mines an 02.
Wish i could find the title for my 85 ATC. :(

We have ownership titles in WA and I refuse to buy a motorcycle, boat or quad that doesn't have one because of the risk that is stolen. If I were to risk buying a potentially hot bike I don't think I would pay over half price.
I just transferred my Blaster's title & paid for my liscense/registration today and it was $103. After I have the title I buy my ORV tags in OR because they are good for both states and only cost ~15 for 2 years. What state are you in? The laws regarding titles/registration seem to vary quite a bit.

We have ownership titles in WA and I refuse to buy a motorcycle, boat or quad that doesn't have one because of the risk that is stolen. If I were to risk buying a potentially hot bike I don't think I would pay over half price.
I just transferred my Blaster's title & paid for my liscense/registration today and it was $103. After I have the title I buy my ORV tags in OR because they are good for both states and only cost ~15 for 2 years. What state are you in? The laws regarding titles/registration seem to vary quite a bit.

yep!!!!!!!! agreed.

Pennsylvania. I still have to get the title transfer though. I figured it would cost some change so i didnt jump on it right away. What all do you need to do this? Just take the title to them and pay the money? Never had to do it before.

Yup a bill of sale helps too if you have it. My state taxes the sale of the vehicle and charges fees for the Department of Licensing office, orv tags, new title document and yearly orv area use. They also tack on a penalty if you fail to transfer the title within 14 days. The previous owner of my quad was nice and put a $500 price on the bill of sale and a blank sale date on the title. There are a lot of people from PA on here so hopefully one of them can chime in with what you're up against. I hope for your sake it isn't as bad as the WA D.O.L. I always leave that place feeling like I just got f@@3d.

Well I too live in Pa and yes we do need atvs to be registered to be legal, unless you are riding it on your farmland, but to ride on state lands or most of legal riding area it has to be registered.

This is right off the Pa DCNR website:

All ATVs in Pennsylvania, except ATVs used solely for business or agricultural purposes, need to be registered and titled with DCNR. ATVs used in Pennsylvania must be registered and titled with DCNR's Snowmobile/ATV Section. The ATV registration and titling fees are NOT user fees for the privilege of using trails on state-owned land. The fees provide funding to administer the program, maintain trails on DCNR-managed forests and provide grants to profit and non-profit organizations for developing additional riding opportunities.

PADCNR-ATV Registration

PA. here too.
i have the tennesee title to my 05 frame my bike is built on now.
but have yet to transfer it. i'm apparently the 3rd owner, 2nd owner of just the frame, and it has never been retitled in anyones name from the oiginal owner.
word has it, if a title or bill of sale is taken to the dcnr, they will try to contact the original owner, if no reply within 2 weeks (?)
and it's not reported stolen
they will title it in your name.

i manly did this for proof of ownership, in the case it would ever get confiscated, i could prove it was mine and retrieve it from impound, word has it...no proof, no bike back ?
my original brand new '96 blaster was registered and had plates, <(they were never mounted)
but i've yet to ride anywhere that required that,
including the state owned Rock Run ATV Park last year.

it's nice to have the title, in your name, as it may mean getting it back if impounded, but i've yet to need the plates.

Last edited:
Yes get the title or reg, whatever your state requires. Believe it or not there could also be a lean on it. Yes!! even blasters have leans even though the last one were made in 06. I've seen people put good money into there quads for them just to be hauled away, and just for piece of mind is worth xtra $$. IMO..

Your absolutely right, if it gets impounded and you have no proof of ownership ( title or registered in your name, which requires having a title ) your sh*t out of luck ! After 30 days it becomes the city/states. And YES I know this from experience, unfortunately ! They made me register my blaster before I could retrieve it from the impound. If I wouldn't have had the title I would not have been able to register it. It's ALWAYS the safe bet to buy anything only if it has the title, and if it doesn't that means the previous owner was just too lazy to send away for one ... Which probably ALSO means they were too lazy to take care of their machine or perform the necessary maintenance on it. In that case you wouldn't want to buy the atv anyway !

I need to title mine, but the guy I got it from didn't even title it after he got it. So it's in some guys name, that lives in missouri from 2011, plus I live in Illinois. So I wonder how much trouble they are going to give me when I title it.

That might cause some issues, I would some how ( if at all possible ) see if you can track down the original owner/person named on the title and explain your situation, and what your trying to do. That would make me a little nervous tho because if the guy is a scum bag he could say that it was stolen or that he let you borrow it and try to take it back ! Any time I buy something, like my wheeler or my trailer, I ask for title/registeration and a written letter explaining the sale with my name, the sellers name and both of our signatures. Better to be safe than sorry !

Having your atv documents when selling your atv is great because the person knows that is not stolen and you avoid all kind of problems