how does the rep points system work?

i gave 5...not 7...my bad...but aye thanx fer all the help...i feel like im in a certain club that only alows rep point people...=)

More than likely, if you help people fix things, figure them out, or post usefull info on a semi regular basis, your rep will go up. Because people are happy that you helped, and they want to show you that they appreciated it. Its one small way to try and get more people helping answer questions instead of just asking.

If all you are doing is reading, asking questions, and posting random chit chat, it probably will not go up.

the problem with the rep system is that people abuse it and give rep to their friends. its kinda like some sort of high school cluque for those who want a lot of points.

if you give someone rep points and you have a grey box, it doesnt count toward their total. if someone with a green box gives rep it increases the persons rep that received it. those with red boxes cant have no effect on others at all. both good or bad.

Reactions: blasterman312
the problem with the rep system is that people abuse it and give rep to their friends. its kinda like some sort of high school cluque for those who want a lot of points.

if you give someone rep points and you have a grey box, it doesnt count toward their total. if someone with a green box gives rep it increases the persons rep that received it. those with red boxes cant have no effect on others at all. both good or bad.

Yep, it just means that someone cannot just ask a friend or make another account from a different computer just to give themselves rep points.

theres a little icon at the bottom of your posts on the left theres a !, a circle with a dot in it and like a circle with a line sticking out of it lol they are blue and orange the middle one gives the person a rep point look at mine

It was a wild ass guess that nobody had mentioned yet, sorry you thought it sounded a little off.

I was not trying to be rude in any manner 01blasterdude. If it appeared that way then I do apologize... I was just saying that did not seem right.

Thanks for all the info.

Tim

Reactions: Valhalla
iv gotten all of mine and im not given them to any of you dumbasses!!lol, j/k (i have given rep points)