How do u polish rims???

I have extra rims and i was wondering how and if u can polish rims urself????

I bought badly oxidized douglas red label blaster wheels off of Ebay for $50and set about cleaning them up. The first step was fine grit sand paper to knock down the high spots, some 600 grit to start with on the really rough stuff. Then I went up to 1200 grit sand paper over the whole things.

The next step involved power tools. I started with a 7" hand buffer with a wool buffing pad and No7 rubbing compound. I started with heavy coating and worked the surface to a dull black mess and then wiped off the black stuff and spun the wool over it until it started to work the polishing compound in. Once the black stuff starts to "buff off" the finish really starts to come out and it starts to look polished. The last step is polishing compound if you want to REALLY polish them up to a mirror finish. I was done with rubbing compound because I wanted them shiny but didn't require mirror finish.

Just took some turtle chrome and metal polish to mine today. You can pick the stuff up at walmart. Just rubbed it on and they shinned right up. Ive never used the mothers brand but always herd great things about it. Ill give it a try when my turtle polish runs out.

I bought badly oxidized douglas red label blaster wheels off of Ebay for $50and set about cleaning them up. The first step was fine grit sand paper to knock down the high spots, some 600 grit to start with on the really rough stuff. Then I went up to 1200 grit sand paper over the whole things.

The next step involved power tools. I started with a 7" hand buffer with a wool buffing pad and No7 rubbing compound. I started with heavy coating and worked the surface to a dull black mess and then wiped off the black stuff and spun the wool over it until it started to work the polishing compound in. Once the black stuff starts to "buff off" the finish really starts to come out and it starts to look polished. The last step is polishing compound if you want to REALLY polish them up to a mirror finish. I was done with rubbing compound because I wanted them shiny but didn't require mirror finish.
have you heard of anyone using a Power Ball (Mothers) with any good results? i got the same problem with my aluminum wheels and i dont wanna wreck mine if it doesn't work.

have you heard of anyone using a Power Ball (Mothers) with any good results? i got the same problem with my aluminum wheels and i dont wanna wreck mine if it doesn't work.

iv used mothers powerballs and the powercone, they work good for smaller jobs, but they dont last very long if your polishing alot of things consistantly

This is what i did
43583d71.jpg

40198af4.jpg