Hose On Carb? Newbie help

H

Higgy

Hi all, I just found this forum and it kicks compared to others!

I just bought a 96 Blaster from a friend...the bike sat. It will run with the choke pulled all the way out but dies with it in.
I know I gotta clean the carb but there is a tiny black hose on the side (from the oil injection i think???) I gave it a tug and it won't just pop off.

Does it just pull off? I didn't want to screw anything up by yankin' on it.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Deb

yes their is a black hose going into the oil pump cover which goes into the oil pump, but theres no need to take it out unless your going to get rid of the pump and premix!

Darrell...thanks for the confirmation on the line being for the oil but, I can't take the carb off while it is attached.

I am trying to remove the carb from the left side(if sitting on it) and because of the hose I can't.

What am I missing here?
Can I take it off with a needle nose or something AND if that's the case will it go right back on the same way?

Deb

I figured it out...there's a tiny sleeve on the tiny hose that will slide off with a bit of effort since it's supposed to be tight on there. I just didn't know if it had some internal clip or something.

anyway, I went thru and cleaned the whole carb and I'll try it this afternoon!

yeah, just make sure you get it back on all the way! but i didnt realize you where taking the carb off! lol...i thought you meant you where trying to pull it out of the pump cover!

Got the carb back on fired it up and it runs NICE!!! WOO HOO...can't wait for the weekend!
Thanks!