high rev bog

blasterider6036

Jan 19, 2011
i just got new boyeson reeds and i put them in and my quad bogs at high revs but doesnt bog out all of the way. should i turn the fuel mixture screw?

didnt mess with the jettng. the guy l got lt from had it jetted for the pipe. and the back firing seams like its comng from the cylinder

it sounds lean id try a bigger main and if it bogs when you hit the throttle adjust the air screw until it helps or get a different pilot jet too. on the package for boyesen reeds it says they usually need a leaner jet , whats up with that?

u need to re jet! before u fry ur motor. every engine mod requires REJETING. peroid. u need to go up like 2 or 3 sizes on ur main if its bogging like that ure def running lean. and like LRDblaster said check the intake gasket

l talked to my local dealer and he said l shouldnt have to re jet. but lm going to go get some jets then. what size do u thnk l need?

man one thing i learned is to NOT listen to local shops.. ure BEST bet is take advice from guys here that specialize IN blasters. i didnt know sh*t about 2 strokes til i came to this site.'
what main jet are you running? let me guess.. 240? 250?

it sounds lean id try a bigger main and if it bogs when you hit the throttle adjust the air screw until it helps or get a different pilot jet too. on the package for boyesen reeds it says they usually need a leaner jet , whats up with that?

I've never understood it personally. I've only seen people jet up including myself. I'm guessing from their perspective it's just a matter of more intake velocity and just flowing more of the same mixture through the reed cage, then they lean it out because of more velocity drawing a little bit more fuel. It's never worked that way for me though.

I've never understood it personally. I've only seen people jet up including myself. I'm guessing from their perspective it's just a matter of more intake velocity and just flowing more of the same mixture through the reed cage, then they lean it out because of more velocity drawing a little bit more fuel. It's never worked that way for me though.

I know what you mean i had to go up a size when i put mine on

u said u noticed backfiring from the cylinder? when i got my blaster the last dick to "try" fix it over torqued the head bolts an 5 of them jus spun an wouldnt tighten.....thus my head gasket was leakin an quad ran like sh*t....had to drill out and heli-coil the cylinder head....cured! the compression want even that low but it was the head that was causing all the problems....check the torque of the bolts....then work ur way backwards making sure no leaks around the reeds and the carb boot......strip carb and clean....check sizes....230 is stock....hope this helpsI:I

His motor is possibly dead and now rebuilt.

Good info though, never, ever, over tighten any fastener, just because YOU think it will hold better!

Fasteners are designed to be tightened down as specified, orherwise problems can occur.