Hi point assualt rifles?

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
figured I'd ask around and see what guys thought, I looked online for a nice semi-auto .223 that's a little more affordable than an AR, hell an AK would be nice I suppose, but anyway, I came across a Hi-Point 4595 that I liked.

4595TSFGFL - Hi-Point 4595 Carbine With Target Stock, Forward Grip & Flashlight

I'm not sure how big a difference that is from .30-06? sounds like a 50% increase in bullet size? also quite a bit larger than I could ever need so if the sh*t ever hits the fan I don't really have to worry, set off a semi auto suppression fire and I think most people would be smart enough to back off lol. I wouldn't even have to get the shots close to them and they should realize that mofo means business LOL. I'm think the 9mm version would be much more practical but in all honesty there isn't much practicality in an assault rifle for 90-99% of the population anyway LOL

Hi-Point 995 Carbine With Target Stock

I like the front handle tho on the .45 version. but I believe I could get one for any of them later.

I like the idea of the kel tec's using most standard handgun magazines I don't know for a fact but I believe that was designed so it could run extended commonly found mags?

SUB-2K40 - Sub 2000 Carbine .40 Smith & Wesson 16 Inch Barrel Glock Mag

SU-16C - Kel Tec Sport Utility Carbine .223 Remington 16 Inch Barrel

I like the shooting from folder position on the .223 but it's on the expensive side :(

I don't know much about these as I'm JUST getting into guns but I loved the look of dual handle guns and after shooting some bigger guns I gotta say it's a blast LOL, I didn't even shoot any .22s after the 12ga and didn't really wanna shoot the 12ga after the .30-06 so a .45 rifle would be retarded I think LOL dunno for $330 seems like a steal. hell, I was looking at the smith and wesson M&P15-22 2 days ago at sports authority thinkin bout getting it for $450 :( happy I did searching online, my step bro came outta infantry so he's partial to expensive reliable sh*t like the M4s ect but I know I can't afford it and the highpoint has a lifetime warranty but I gotta see some reviews, from the vids on utoob it seems like an ok gun. didn't see any reviews as bad as the M&P15-22 LMAO so for $100 less or maybe a little more after shipping and tansfer fee's over the little .22 AR thing it'd be one helluva toy :D I'm curious to see what guys would say if they saw me hunting with that LOL hell I don't eat the head meat anyway so IF I get close I'd be goin for straight head shots :D

pops just said I could have his marlin model 20 bolt action, soon as he told me I ordered a couple 7 round mags lol

my thing with the .22 is ammo is cheap and I can teach my kid to shoot. I had him shooting a .22 semi auto and I don't think I'm comfortable with that much LOL so the single shot bolt action is good. I ordered some 7 round mags for it but it still needs the bolt to be set for every shot I believe (pops didn't have any mags and mine aren't gonna be here for a week) I don't mind when he learns how to treat and use a firearm to let him use a semi-auto again but I think that's at LEAST a years worth of shooting experience later. he's only 9 atm.

VIDEO0092.mp4 video by hawaiianbasshead - Photobucket

that was a buddies gun and we were uh, tired, so I don't remember even lookin at the shells good enough but I think it was a .22LR rimfire from the vid.

also started lookin on gunforall and they have some sick sh*t so I may look into other guns but I'm gonna be hard pressed to find another nice .45 cal semi auto or hell even a 9mm semi auto AR for those prices I don't think... I probably won't shoot anything over 100 yards or 200 MAX I don't think so I should be fine with the Hi points so long they don't explode on my azz

I would stay away from anything Hi Point as far as personal defense weapons. They are ok for strictly recreational use, but I would never trust my life to any Hi Point product whether it be a rifle, hand gun, or otherwise. This is based on my experience as a police officer, and being an avid firearms user/owner. Just my 2 cents.

I would stay away from anything Hi Point as far as personal defense weapons. They are ok for strictly recreational use, but I would never trust my life to any Hi Point product whether it be a rifle, hand gun, or otherwise. This is based on my experience as a police officer, and being an avid firearms user/owner. Just my 2 cents.

I agree 100% They are prone to jamming,, i would not own another high point anything. I carry only High quality guns for protection. If you pull a gun it means your life is at risk so make sure your weapon will fire or you might not get another chance.

Hi-Point may not be the best but me and a friend put about 500 rnds through his 9mm carbine and it never jammed once. Its the only Hi-Point ive shot tho.

i work with a guy who has a hi point 40 and he loves it, he did say the first 50 rounds were fairly rough though.

it's not really hard here (Iowa). I would like to get my ccw....mainly because it's cheaper than renewing a license to buy every year

I agree 100% They are prone to jamming,, i would not own another high point anything. I carry only High quality guns for protection. If you pull a gun it means your life is at risk so make sure your weapon will fire or you might not get another chance.
+1. That pretty much sums it up.

I HATE when people call firearms "assault rifles" you can "assault" someone with anything. that being said stay clear of HI-POINT save your money and get something thats trusted. keltec is OK there customer service is one of the best out there i carry a keltec as a back up but not my main carry. your life is worth more then putting it behind a 100$ gun. whatever you decide to get make sure you know the weapon. practice with it and make sure you learn what ammo it likes.

The HighPoint carbines are much better than their original pistols were. I have a buddy who has on in 9mm. He has had it for I want to say about 2 years now and has never had a single problem. Although their looks have not changed a lot, their engineering has changed over the years. HighPoint is a much better gun than they were years ago when the first came out when they were known to jam constantly. Unfortunately for them they will probably never live down that reputation. They are ugly as hell and cheap to buy. Big and bulky and definately not convienient to carry. I personally would not buy one of the pistols because of these reasons but have not heard of any issues with the carbines. I really like my Taurus 24/7 C myself. Have only had one jam in about 500 rounds that I have put through it. The reality of it is any gun can jam no matter how much it cost. With a little bit of clean up any gun can be made a lot more reliable. You can save money initially and smooth all the transfers yourself or pay more now and let the factory take care of that for you.

My dad had a .357 police issue python for quite a while and loved it. It dosent eat up your money like a fat kid and a cake and there powerful reliable and I'm pretty shure there made in america. My personal favorite is a Kimber EclipseII .45 nice weight and fantastic accuracy and feel, a little pricy but made to last like no other.

I HATE when people call firearms "assault rifles" you can "assault" someone with anything. that being said stay clear of HI-POINT save your money and get something thats trusted. keltec is OK there customer service is one of the best out there i carry a keltec as a back up but not my main carry. your life is worth more then putting it behind a 100$ gun. whatever you decide to get make sure you know the weapon. practice with it and make sure you learn what ammo it likes.

you mean like anyone who makes an AR-15? I personally didn't know much at ALL about guns til about when I posted this thread. I didn't realize til wikapedia and shortly after that carbines shoot pistol ammo and as such aren't really a rifle of any sort. I believe an assault rifle is a semi auto tactical type gun. I suppose what I'm looking for is a nice tactical gun that shoots rifle rounds :) carbine is kinda out for now as I want something I can hunt with and rifle round guns seem like they are slightly longer and have better accuracy and power at a distance. I will have to see when I can actually afford it. but I did just apply for my permit to acquire yesterday :)

I'll look at the gun shop but it's 2hrs away so I'll call them and see if they're open saturday as I'm heading out there saturday to go visit my dad pick up some nice rear 8x7" wheels and my new used .22 marlin glenfield model 20 and a few other things and hopefully see what the local shop stocks far as nice tactical stuff :)

what make any of the "ASSAULT RIFLES" i have a few AR's and some AK's but i can "assault" someone with a pencil if i wanted to. does that makes it an "ASSAULT" pencil? #2 ninja lead HAHAHA

what make any of the "ASSAULT RIFLES" i have a few AR's and some AK's but i can "assault" someone with a pencil if i wanted to. does that makes it an "ASSAULT" pencil? #2 ninja lead HAHAHA

ik what you mean everyones saying how "assault rifles" kill people and how they should be banned, its not "assault rifles" that kill people or even just regular guns, its people that kill people, im a proud member of the NRA and i have my F.I.D, i also own a ruger 10/22 which is semi auto and can accept "high capacity" magazines so i guess thats and assault rifle, and i own a remington 870 20 ga. and if anyone trys to take them away there not going easy. end rant

So, I got the wife a bullmastiff pup and told her I can get a gun that costs the same so now I went to a gun shop and he recommended a armalite 6.8mm? m15a4 in 6.8 size which sounds like that means mm diameter of the head of the bullet? for long range and still dropping game he said it was good fortthe hunting we have here 30-06 are overkill as Im not gonna shoot anything much over 300 yards or over 200# so it will have stopping power out til there according to him. he said 7.62 will have stopping power and accuracy to about 100 or so, the .223 wont necessarily drop things without a clean headshot or in very close range. so Im still debating, the bullets already cost $1.50ea for 6.8 so I'm not sure wanna even know what the larger rounds run. anyway I think this is what he recommends

M15 A4 6.8MM CARBINE, GREEN

just trying to get a feel for what suits me and will work for the kind of hunting we'll do. he also said law enforcement here agreed that over 10 round clips are a gray area and if not acceptable to a handgun they dont enforce penalties on larger mags... been drinking so hopefully someone else is so they understand what Im sayin lol

eeehhh, got my permit to acquire but now my new dilemma with the 6.8mm m15 is that the local shops don't stock 6.8 or even really bring it in, so I'll need to handload forever solely :*( so I'm gonna look at other options, 7.62/.308 are actually cheaper rounds but I believe ballistics say the 6.8mm is a longer range round with accuracy and stop/take down power at max range than a 7.62x39mm so I need to figure out what else may work. I was told maybe just look for a bolt action larger caliber rifle for hunting and plink it up with a 22LR

I did see the m15 has interchangable uppers for 223 and 22LR so I could run 3 different setups on one lower but still, loosing faith in the 6.8mm :(

.223 will do just fine. Look into a .223 saiga if you want lower cost. Also look into piecing a ar togrther. I built mine for about 600. Sks's are nice to, but the have a 10rd built in mag, but can be converted to accept hi cap mags.