Hi from uk

Andie

May 25, 2015
Hi i have just bought a blaster as thought id come to the 4 wheel world arter riding moto x for many years and fed up with injury after injury!
I think i was very lucky in the quad i managed to get hold of as was a 2001 which has only done 4 hours from brand new and kept in storage container ever since!
Removed the head to check everything was ok and looked great, lubed everything back up as didnt want anything seizing after sitting for so long! Replaced all fluids, new spark plug, new filter and she fired right up!
Managed to take it to the track today and the quad ran brilliantly all day!
But i did notice some huge flaws in the design of the quad as stabiltity around a track was terrible! The quad is so short wheel base and needs to be a lot wider! Cant say the standard tyres helped mich though!
I am looking to now make this my little machine for track days and maybe even abit of racing, where would be best to start as??? Exhaust, reeds, suspension!! Started to strip the quad when i got home of all uneccesary lights and weight!
Also looking to no if its ok to strip the oil injection as done it before on a bike of mine and things didnt end well as theres was no oil wells for the main crank bearings and f*cked the bike! Are these ok to delete the injection on? Thanks i will be obviously searching the forum for the answers to all my questions also

welcome to BF Andy, nice find on the low hour blaster !
so many possibilities depending on your budget

suspension first !
+ 2-3" a-arms from ASR or Alba, +3-4" swingarm from the swingarm shop on ebay.US,
front shocks....works performance or elkas
a used 400ex rear shock is a good upgrade for the $

I just compared my blaster with +3" ASR arms, +3" swinger and tusk +6" axle, to a stock 09 YFZ450r last week.
I'm 1" wider @ 50", but 3" shorter in length.

Welcome. Yes these machines can surely benefit from being a bit wider and longer as well.. Most of your upgrades will depend on your budget but if you have a tight budget there is still quite a few cheaper alternatives that can be done with good/great results.

Post up some pics of the great find you just acquired, we like pics..

Reactions: Andie
Hi everyone thanks for making me feel welcome! Been busy yesterday so no time to write back! Already have my eye on an elka rear shock on ebay and will grab it up for the correct price!
Bought a few bits from ebay to smarten it up slightly.. Bar pad, shock covers and also a mx style kill switch as wont away with the bulky switch gear.
Wouls love to widen the rear straight away, are the wheel spacers affective (not dangerous) as the rigours of quad biking would surely batter a alloy wheel spacer to pieces or loosen? Anyone using them and have good results and if so which make so i can order some? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 215
Wheel spacers yes as long as you're not jumping big time. Stud spacers personally I don't like, others may have different opinions but personally I don't trust them. I think someone already mentioned the banshee axle if you want to widen the rear.

Cheers, I have found some wheel spacers on eBay just for the rear for now! Item number is 371143752190
Could someone tell me if these are ok and not cheap crap ones!

Also just bought a gold speed alloy front bumper as the standard front is heavyyyy

Thanks