Hi from pa

Moparzac

Feb 3, 2011
Hi guys don't own a blaster yet but looking at buying one. Came on here and to see if you guys could give me any tips. I looking at a 95 blaster And he said this spring he rebuilt the motor its bored 0.50 over and has wiesco ring and piston the clutch was just replaced, the brake clutch and throttle cable were replaced in the summer has oil block off kit on it so you have to mix your own gas 50:1 or for more power you can go leaner it doesn't have the stock carb on it he thinks its a 36mm carb there are two brand new slasher tires on the back and could use two new tires up front there with one small crack on the right front fender he's asking 800 do you guys think that's fair or should I try and talk him don't.

I've been around 4 wheelers before just everyone they broke took them back to the dealer so I don't really know my way around them. I am a mechanic and do know my way around a car so I understand the vitals and I'm not afriad to get dirty.

Thanks in advance.

36mm carb seems way to big for that engine. and mix at 32:1 since this is prime. and its been proven that if you mix it richer that its ads a little hp but most poeple dont wanna waste oil since its expensive. 50:1 and you engine couldl blow very quick. any more and your askin for trouble. oh and it being bord .050 over only means its been blown up and had to be repared a few times. it doesnt ad power

whats up bro, PA here also, where ya at ????
post links to sales for a better evaluation

ur close to me, im in lebanon. i think its too much for a 95. i got a 00 for $700 piped this fall for my g/f. the guy thought it was a 95 but i knew it wasnt. and i higly dought it is gonna wheelie in 5th gear lol...ours dont as it basicly the same.

off him $600 cash, he prob meet ya half way.

hahahaaa, looks almost just like i did my sons bike below,
for $800 it cant have any problems, no loose bearings (wheels or axle) and i'd do a compression check to confirm that rebuild, anything near 120psi is good,
near or below 100psi = pass on that one
stick your hand out with $650/700 cash in it, see of he bites ???? < that'd be a good deal, but try to jew him down a little

4759-2506kvd.jpg

Yeah I was figuring to try and him down alittle. I'm not looking to spend alot of cash for something I problem only ride a few time a year and only to have fun with not looking for any serious ride. Just a toy

oh boy are you in for an awakening if you get this blaster, they come with a sickness, you'll prolly be catching soon if ya keep hangin around here

just look at some of our modification lists in our signatures, hahahaaaaa

let us know what happens

gotta be sumthin wrong with it if it's been on that long, check that compression

Yeah check out everything on it. Check these things:
Frame for cracks/bends
Compression
Side case for cracks (Or JB Weld)
Check wheel bearings (Wobble wheel back and forth and see if there's slop)
Check rear bearings (Grab the grab bar and wiggle from side to side and look for slop)
Check wiring for Idiot-Workmanship-Syndrome =]
Hope the list helps man. And yes it does become an addiction to keep building.....Even if you dont have the money. lol And I'm from PA also. Up by Erie.

Well I bought it for 700. Little higher then I wanted and thought it was worth but he brang it down to me. So it saved me from traveling then 45min drive on way and fuel because I drive a lifted ram that gets 12mpg highway. So it saved me at least $50 in gas.

It has little issues like crappy spray bomb paint job. Needs a new air filer and bar grips. The main issues is no choke. Since he put a different carb on it he didn't put a choke on so I need to figure out what to do there. Hope you guys can help me out with that one. Other then that it's not to bad of a machine. It's what's to be expected for a 16 yrs old machine. Frame and all that checks out good tho.

Also wanted to thank you guys for the welcome and help this far I'm sure I'll be asking for more in the future.

Sweet. I hope everything works out for yah buddy. For an air filter No-Toils are great and I love my Renthal grips. And that choke thing sounds a lil iffy. lol