Hndrxx

Apr 24, 2020
Hi everyone, new to this site. I’m looking for some help with my 2002 Yamaha Blaster. It’s hard to explain what’s happening. For starters, it’s has little to no compression, I can push down the kicker with 2 fingers, but I few days ago it word start after 2-3 kicks now it’s taking closer to 30 for it to kick over and only stay running for a few seconds, then I’d have to push start it and it would run. When running it was running fine through 1,2, and 3rd gear but once it gets to 4th gear I can only go about half throttle, if I go more it bogs out and wants to die. When given full throttle it sounds like it’s spitting or backfiring. It has a new spark plug and a new air filter. Any ideas of what this could be?

Hi everyone, new to this site. I’m looking for some help with my 2002 Yamaha Blaster. It’s hard to explain what’s happening. For starters, it’s has little to no compression, I can push down the kicker with 2 fingers, but I few days ago it word start after 2-3 kicks now it’s taking closer to 30 for it to kick over and only stay running for a few seconds, then I’d have to push start it and it would run. When running it was running fine through 1,2, and 3rd gear but once it gets to 4th gear I can only go about half throttle, if I go more it bogs out and wants to die. When given full throttle it sounds like it’s spitting or backfiring. It has a new spark plug and a new air filter. Any ideas of what this could be?
You already said it little to no compression. What you need to figure out is what caused this situation. A leakdown test should be done first. To check for air leaks?. Wrong. Jetting? Chinese cylinder? Riding with no air cleaner? Reeds cad cause your sputtering and backfiring. But still no compression is no compression.

You already said it little to no compression. What you need to figure out is what caused this situation. A leakdown test should be done first. To check for air leaks?. Wrong. Jetting? Chinese cylinder? Riding with no air cleaner? Reeds cad cause your sputtering and backfiring. But still no compression is no compression.

Thank you for the response! I will do a leak test! I appreciate you informing me!

Unless a Blaster engine is built up with way higher compression, the kicker will be pretty easy to push.
Besides leak down test, do a real compression test. Under 110lbs it’s time for a rebuild.
If you rebuild, save your money and sanity and DON’T buy Chinese parts