Help with porting

Read Gorden Jennings, he explains it quite well. There is actually a thin layer of air along the port walls that doesn't move. As long as it's smooth with no ripples or sudden changes in cross section, 120 grit is fine. Polishing the exhaust helps to keep carbon from building up as quickly.

@Larry's Shee kk I looked it up buddy,I did just as you and Jennings said,I'll get the pics up soon of the finished product,I think it came out well,I mean I have to be doing something right because it looks just like flotec porting laughs,I gave the the intake tower a knife edge as well as those little air foils in the transfer ports,the boysen ports were a pain lol,I was just on those for like 2 hours opening them up,they had alot of over mold in them and looked like crap,I mean it was completely blocking air flow ya know,if it pulled like a bat outta hell last time I rode it I can't wait to see the difference now because that thing had alot of over mold,I'll get some new pics up of the finished result later today for you guys,I think you'll be impressed,again thanks for all of your help guys.

What is the port timing on that cylinder? I'd go in and smooth out the edges on the triples and boyesens. Make them blend into the sides better.
I'd also get rid of that wall of metal - smooth it down like you see in mine.

This is the idea, i couldn't find any finished product pics of mine
intakewithboyesenafterb.jpg

@Rubbersalt man bud that things wide open lol,can you really take all of that material away on the intake? I mean I thought your not supposed to port the intake windows any right? also how did that beast run.

Thats gabes YT175 cylinder and its Salty for sure!!!!heres one of the boyesens and that pet peve wall rubbersalt is talking about. AS a general rule of mine i run my finger across the surfaces and smooth out anything that doesn't flow well.
5621-before-cr125-reed-cage-mod.jpg

Thats my YT, pretty much identical to the blaster honestly. Normally, you cant take that much away... But i saw Kens ported CT or la sleeve cylinder and wanted mine tto look like that.. So I welded her up and ported her out!

IT SCREEEAAAAMMMMSSS!!! Always fun UP shifting UP a dune :)

It all looks great! How much does it cost to have it done for you? Just curious. Looks like alot of work

@blasterfreek30 that's what I was going for bud,how many mm's can I go on the intake and is it like the exhaust as where you can only raise it? like if I port the intake witch by porting I mean the cylinder sleeve on the intake side do I port the whole hole or do I just port up or down from the top of the cylinder? again thanks for all of your help guys and for the pics it really does give me an idea,also let me know what not to do ya know,like I don't want to kill my cylinder ya know,but from looking at you guy's cylinders it looks like you can't really mess it up huh.

yeah I've Bern looking into a flex shaft,I hear they work great so I mite as well go ahead and get one,also do you know how many mm's I can go on the intake and if it's like the exhaust and by that I mean can it be ported only up or down? also bud how many mm's did you raise your exhaust? I would like to know because it seems like your stuff runs great,again thanks for all of you guy's help.

some ppl have told me up 2mm and down2mm on the in take, but i never listen. I go un til i think it's too far then push it a lil farther but i think the main thing to do is make sure the ring gaps dont fall into the big intake windows.

2mm is pretty conservative. Measure it out and fill in with a sharpie or marker or whatever where your going to dremel the spaces out to see if it looks right so you dont take to much out cause you cant go back taken it out. just dont get to carried away and you should be fine...

I would say it looks pretty damn good. Why did you connect the boyseen ports to the intake windows, if im correct, thats gonna reduce ring life. And, those intake windows are pretty sweet, never seen them that wide but shouldnt hurt anything. If it ends up not being bueno, just grab a stock jug off ebay for some small bucks and do some more experimenting.

no no buddy this is a vitos 240 cylinder it comes with the boysen ports,I didn't port them into the cylinder lol,it just looks like that because of the steel sleeve being darker then the aluminum laughs,but yeah I raised the intake 1mm up and 1mm down for a total of 2mm on the intake,I raised the exhaust 2mm and I molded the sleeve and aluminum together on the transfer ports and I opened the boysen ports just a bit,I didn't go to crazy on the boysen ports because alot of guys say that it's easy to break thrue the jug lol so I took an easy on the,but yeah I'm satisfied with how it came out,now I open that exhaust port quite some bit,not the sleeve part but the aluminum part of the port,looks good huh especially being my first full port job ya know.