Help with installing Tusk kill switch

Ok I have the kill switch installed on the orange wire, but it runs with tether pulled out.

Next question is: Can the kill switch be swapped to work the opposite direction?

no orange wire needed. Black and black/white only.

Ok I have the kill switch installed on the orange wire, but it runs with tether pulled out.

Next question is: Can the kill switch be swapped to work the opposite direction?

The tether switch you have is a normally closed circuit switch, when the tether is pulled it switches on.

This tether switch is designed to be used to short out the kill switch on the handlebars.

You need to tap into the black/white and black wires.

My method is to remove the kill switch assembly and solder the two wires on the tether switch on the above stated wires.

You can also do it by tapping into the wiring just before the kill switch assembly.

You could also get another tether switch which is normally open, so when you remove the tether, it breaks the circuit, you can use this tether in the orange wire in series.

I prefer to ground/earth the one wire under the cdi mounting screw and then to crimp a connector on the + side and plug right into the black/white wire. This way the harness never gets cut and stays to factory specs and the stock kill on/off switch can still be put back in place with no issues.