help tuning my blaster

03Blaster

Aug 19, 2008
first thing first i live at 5300 ft elevation!!!!

okay everyone i have an 03 blaster with a 35mm PWK Keihin carb, kennedy power port and polish, wiseco piston, redesigned head squish, vforce3 reeds, vitos fat bastard exhaust, 3 or 4* timing advance, and a factory7 air box. i think that is all the performance mods.

okay my choke doesn't do anything and turning the idle screw on the side of the carb doesn't do anything either. i am currently using a 170 main jet but not sure on the pilot or needle. i think the needle is on the middle setting.

i need to get this carb tuned and would like the choke circuit to work for warm up and also would like to get the idle circuit perfect.

any ideas?

It sounds like you have to take the choke off/apart and thoroughly clean it with carb cleaner and compressed air ( don't get carb cleaner on the o-ring cause it could swell ) then your choke circuit should work properly. My choke never worked until I took it apart and cleaned it, now its fully functional. And I'm pretty sure your idle screw is under your seat on top of the TORS unit, that's where it is on 02 and older blasters. The screw on your carb controlls your air/fuel mixture, again that's how it is on 02 and older blasters. I'm not familiar with the differences between the pre 03's and the 03's and newer. I would do some plug chops to make sure your not running too rich or too lean on your main, if your not familiar with plug chopping you can use the search function to search how to plug chop. There's some really good threads on how to perform a plug chop.