HELP SUPPORT!!!!

I didnt realize this thread existed when I posted thread about it too I guess a day later. Mods you can delete my post on topic if want (sorry).

I just wanted to say I am with you all and I think this is just one of the beginning of the attacks on our sport. I think the environmentalists are out to "save the planet". Johnson Valley in CA is in danger of being taken over by the military. I havent heard anything more since couple months back, but if it goes there goes a big area to ride on in CA!

As you can guess I am a Christian and I know that thru reading the bible that the planet will still be here after the end and that we dont destroy it as it says Christ will set up his kingdom on this earth for 1000 years. The government and such just want to use "environment issues" to "control" the people. This is just my 2 cents and I feel better now for /ranting hehe :).

most definitely i aggre with all of u that this is a very stupid bill, the governmet is just fuken retarted they are all spicks, ima call obama to legalize quads on the road lol

this petition is about to reach 8,ooo sig's. Nicely done. It not only affects the sales of the bikes and quads it is there aftermarket parts and all. I know you will be able to buy parts still but the sellers are taking a HUGE risk in a heavy fine imposed if caught, thus driving up the parts cost for taking the risk of even selling them.

After e-mailing my congressman Roscoe Bartlett, This was his response.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (H. R. 4040). I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

In response to several product recalls in 2007, particularly recalls involving children toys with high lead content, Congress passed and the President signed the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act. This legislation, which became law on August 14, 2008, determines specific limits on the amount of lead allowed in children's products. If the item contains more than the specified amount it is considered a hazardous material and banned under the Federal Hazardous Substances Act. These limits will be enacted over a three year period.

I have introduced legislation (H.R. 968) to ensure the availability of safe and affordable toys, books, and clothing for children at thrift shops, consignment shops and neighborhood yard sales. This bill will correct unintended consequences of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008. H.R. 968, sponsored by Representative John Shadegg, is identical to companion legislation introduced by Senator Jim DeMint, S. 374.

As a scientist and engineer, I know that every program can be improved. This bill will protect children from lead contaminated imported toys without bankrupting American small businesses including craftsman and second-hand stores. Millions of Americans depend upon these neighborhood stores to obtain affordable toys, books, and clothing for their children.

Specifically, H.R. 968 and S. 374 will:

o Extend the February 10th deadline for six months to allow for comments and practical implementation of the law.

o Allow smaller manufactures to use the lead testing done by their suppliers on their component parts to certify the lead content.

o Protect thrifts stores, yard sales, consignment shops and other second-hand sellers from potential liability.

o Prevent retro-active enforcement of the Act to compel manufactures from destroying products that were legal to sell prior to the February 10th, 2009 deadline. The bill would only require that products manufactured after the effective date of the regulations have to comply with the requirements of the Act.

o Provide a one-time good-faith exemption for small businesses who accidentally run afoul of the law.

o Require the government (through the Consumer Product Safety Commission) to provide small businesses with a compliance guide. This Law and the required regulations will be extremely technical and would serve as a burden on small businesses.

I am aware of the unintended effect this legislation will have on off-highway vehicle recreation and will work to correct this ban. I appreciate you for taking the time to contact me. I will continue to study the issues involved. I hope you will continue to keep me informed on issues that are important to you. In the meantime, I encourage you to visit my Internet website http:///www.bartlett.house.gov/ where you can sign up for e-mail updates.

Sincerely,

Roscoe Bartlett
Member of Congress

Anyway it sounds like something is being done to amend this new law. It's just how long is this going to take to correct??! I think the more people that take action on this issue the better. So tell everyone!

Reactions: cbaber
singned it.. this is f*cking bullshit the goverment finds anything they can to help take away the right to ride. I think everyone on this forum shuld sign this.

I have good news, Senator Ben Cartin sent me this e-mail: Please Read.Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me about the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA) .

For the last thirty-five years, the Consumer Product Safety Commission ( CPSC ) has been charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. The CPSC protection efforts have decreased the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products by thirty percent.
M anufacturers, importers and retailers should be held accountable for the products they import and sell, and I support consumer product safety reform. Consumer products such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals should not pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard or injure children.

On August 14, 2008, the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 became Public Law No. 110-314. The new requirements of the CPSIA became effective on February 10, 2009. Children's products containing more than 600 parts per million total lead cannot be sold lawfully in the United States . The total lead limits will be 300 parts per million on August 14, 2009. The CPSIA requires d omestic manufactures and importers to certify that children's products made after February 10 th meet all the new safety standards and the lead ban. Additionally, the CPSIA requires that all recalled products are unlawful to sell.

The CPSC recently voted unanimously to issue a one year stay of enforcement for certain testing and certification requirements for manufacturers and importers. This vote will provide crafters, children's garment manufacturers and toy makers limited relief from the testing and verification requirements until February 10, 2010 . For resellers of children's products, the law directs that they not knowingly sell products that have the potential to cause harm to anyone, especially a child. Additional information and clearer guidance on this issue may be found on the Consumer Product Safety Commission' s website, http://www.cpsc.gov/ .

Again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please feel free to do so about this or any other matter of importance to you.

The CPSC recently voted unanimously !! manufacturers and toy makers limited relief from the testing and verification requirements until February 10, 2010 !!.

It's a start, people, PLEASE keep mailing,calling your government reps.
I know some of you could careless about gov,t .. But they can help you sometimes!!

I saw some "baby" Quads 4 sale today at a dealer all lined up outside, got a BIG SMILE after thatI! I:II:I

That law is completely retarded, can't they find anything better to do with there time? Oh, I signed it too

yeahh the do the go to my skate park and give us tickets for riding our bike at it its not supposed to but theres a meth lab next door and they wont do any thing about that jus give ppl tickes for riding bycicles and for me ridin my pocket bike on the streets when ive seen the cops pass other ppl on them and wave wtf my town is f*cked up f*ck galesburg il