help needed oiling air filter

Apr 21, 2010
Hudson Valley
hey, so its been a while and i would like to announce the blaster is running again, and running strong she is, i think it might have a slight fuel petcock leak, or from that fuel line, but minor.... im wondering about my brothers bike, its a CR125, im pretty sure its an 88 because i believe the forks aren't inverted (the top section springs into the bottom section, so the top section is the piston and the bottom is the damping, whereas i believe 89's were inverted. the reason is because the air filters are apparently different, but the exhaust is definitely an 88 exhaust, so im pretty sure its an 88. i was wondering what kind of oil should be used to oil the Uni Foam filter? just standard 2stroke oil? should i let the filter soak, or just get some oil on my fingers and spread a light coating on the filter? bear with me guys, its been a while

I bought some spray foam air filter oil at the local atv store. Probably easier. And its red so you can see how evenly coated it is. Have yet to use it but worth a look at.

Oil the filter, put it in baggie, squeeze it several times to evenly coat filter. Use paper towel to blot off any excess.

YUP what He said works the best.

Also FYI,

87,88,89, cr 125 airbox,filter cage,and filter are the same the only thing that is not interchageable is the boot from the airbox to the carb.

Honda dropped the showa front conventional forks and went to inverted forks on the 90 and up cr 125's.

They also changed the rear shock from KYB in 90 to showa.

1990 Was there nightmare year for suspension being worst ever for the 125.

1989 exhaust (expansion chamber) is one of a kind year.