Help me read spark plug

darealblaster

2 STROKIN PUERTO RICAN
Sep 6, 2008
Puerto Rico
image.jpg
A bit on the rich side?? What should i adjust.

Did you perform a proper plug chop at wot all 6 gears ? If you performed the plug chop at wot then we will really only be looking at changing the main jet.. Is it running well at idle,1/4 1/2 3/4 throttle? Remember float must be correct and idle air screw correct.. If you did everything as you were supposed to than you look to be a bit rich on the main.. What main is in there now?

Did you perform a proper plug chop at wot all 6 gears ? If you performed the plug chop at wot then we will really only be looking at changing the main jet.. Is it running well at idle,1/4 1/2 3/4 throttle? Remember float must be correct and idle air screw correct.. If you did everything as you were supposed to than you look to be a bit rich on the main.. What main is in there now?

I dont have the space to do WOT to 6th gear. I did do two pulls at 4th gear wot for 10 sec. Its running well, not hot at all. It idles perfectly and throttle response off idle is good.

My current mods are F7 pipe, vforce 3 and KN with air lid off. I have a 270 main jet, 35 pilot(for some reason it runs lean with the 32.5 even at 1 turn air screw) and 1 clip down from the middle. And im at 2,400 elevation.

Forgot to add, mixing at 32:1

Last edited:
Two pulls are one too many!

If you can only get into 4 th gear, apply the brakes to make it work hard.

It is not about speed, it is about making the engine pull hard. For 10 secs.

During the process of heating up and cooling down the smoke ring now lies.

New plug, one run WOT, any gear, engine pulling hard at good revs.

The needle setting seems too rich for your elevation.