Help me please!!

ATVkid2002

Jun 21, 2009
pennsylvania, in da mountians
hey guys whats up, i know i havnt been around for a while but i have been busy with school and work. In the time that all this was taking place just recently i traded my blaster for a 90 kx250, i was selling my blaster and he said he would even up trade for it so i accepted. i had it out the day before he came to trade, the day he got here i started it up and it idled fine and took throttal. we took em in the field to test ride and it started to spit and sputter when i got on the gas. him knowing this he still accepted it. he said it might need a few things but he would get back to me. so he took it to the shop and they said it needed to be rejetted and new reeds. so i have him 200$ for new reeds and a rejetting. this did still not fix the issue.

now when he starts it it will idle but at as soon as he goes to give it gas the blaster just bogs out and shuts off. it will restart but wont accept any throttle that it is given.

he took the carb completely off and cleaned it. changed the jets 4 times and had the carb off and tryed to clean it 6 times.

i know this is a long read, i appreciate all the help anyone can give very much cause i dont want this kid feeling like i ripped him off.

thanks guys

he said he did a compression test and it is good. he said it soaks the spark plugs but back fires when he does getting running like its starving for fuel.
he has the carb in cleaner over night and he is gunna let me know whats up tomarrow.

ill also mention the leak test to him.

i said about an air leaks and he said he checked everything and it all seems good but ill keep you guys updated, thanks for all your help it is very much appritiated guys :)