Help me out!

Tocco

Apr 10, 2013
So i want a new pipe for my blaster, and i know that takes jetting. A couple questions.

What size jet should i run with a fmf gold series? Ive been told to buy 4 up and 4 down on the sizes, and jets are cheap so i will do that.

What filter should i run? Airbox or no airbox?

Plug chop infromation?

How hard are jets to install?

Would i only need the main jet or the piolet jet to?

How to make my quad run good with the jets, filter, and pipe on there.

Im new to this, so im sorry if i look like a idiot. Its just it seems like theres alot i can mess up on, and i wanna get it right. Thanks guys, i know you will come through! I:I:-/

yea you will need to jet up if you take the lid off and if you do a full fmf and need to know elivation and temp and there is alot of threads on jetting

Jets are simple to install, remove the float bowl and the jets are accessable.

Whilst you are in there give everything a good clean and check the float level.

Leave the pilot jet as stock #32.5.

Needle in middle clip.

The choice of filter and air box lid removal is dependant on the conditions you ride in. Pretty pointless removing the lid if you do mud and water.

I run a foam pod directly on the carb throat for maximum power.

Ball park figures over stock #230 for a FMF at sea level.

FMF +3 sizes = #260

After market filter + 1 or 2
Air box lid off + 2
Pre mix at 32:1 +1
Filter on carb throat + 1

Post a list of the complete mods for a better estimate.

Before you make the plug chop run it is important that the float level is correct, the idle is set correctly and there are no air leaks in the system, otherwise the smoke ring may lie about the AFR.

WHEN ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE CORRECT PROCEED WITH THE FOLLOWING.

Warm up motor to operating temp.

Fit new B8ES plug, ride WOT through the gears and hold WOT in 5th or 6th gear for 10 seconds, or as long as you can safely.

Switch off the motor and pull in the clutch, apply brakes to come to a stop quickly.

Take the plug out and replace the old one for the ride home.

Carefully cut the threaded end off the plug to expose the insulator.

There should be a smoke ring of a cardboard or biscuit colour around the insulator.

If it is non existant or a very light colour, you are lean and require a larger main jet.

If it is a lot darker you are rich and may go down a size in main.

I prefer to run a little on the darker side, I may loose a little power but it is worth it for the peace of mind that I won't need a rebuild so soon.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/plug-chop-how-vid-48226/

This is a good to go plug.

2wr2fwo.jpg

This one is a little rich, but I would run it, I like to be on the safe side.

plug152mainmediumoi2.jpg

You have to get up a reasonable speed so that you can get the motor to pull strongly.

Then hold it Wide Open Throttle (WOT) for 10 secs or as long as you can.

The idea is not to get speed but to make it pull strong at full throttle to get onto the main jet circuit.

I find I can safely do it on a short run by applying the brakes some.

If you have not enough room you can use 4th or 5th gear with good results.

The choice of filter and air box lid removal is dependant on the conditions you ride in. Pretty pointless removing the lid if you do mud and water.

i second that...... drowned mine this summer because of no airbox lid wasn't that deep either just splashed up in the open airbox

Ill be doing jetting after im done fixing my transmisson and my crankshaft bearings and possibly crank that just let out.