Help bike only idles when throttle adjusted to 3/4 out

dakota.perrin

Apr 25, 2012
OK long story short, complete rebuild top and bottom.leak down test passed, started first kick, only way to keep it at idle was to adjust the throttle cable completely out to about 3/4. Has tors deleted parking brake deleted, timing advance key, fmf exhaust bored 80 over. boysten reeds. stock jets. it seems like the choke does nothing. and when i adjust the air fuel screw to stock the throttle is super sluggish but if i adjust it till it almost falls out it revs up quick but still doesnt run right. i ordered a jet kit should be here tommorrow im hoping thats the problem. any help and ideas appreciated. Oh and it has the oil mixer deleted. what all holes on the carb should be sealed?????

Firstly, forget about using jets from a kit they seldom are the correct size.

Has the float level been set, does the carb flood?

Have you done the required heat cycles and re torque?

The oil injection nipple on the carb mest be sealed and the vents must have tubes on them.

Firstly, forget about using jets from a kit they seldom are the correct size.

Has the float level been set, does the carb flood?

Have you done the required heat cycles and re torque?

The oil injection nipple on the carb mest be sealed and the vents must have tubes on them.

IF IT IS A BLASTER which he has failed to answer already 2nd thread

Reactions: Blaaster
Pretty sure it's a stock carb with a different top with adjustments it seems to be working properly

Attachments

• 20150730_154403.jpg
    20150730_154403.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 144
i is a blaster the pic is of my warrior sorry about starting another thread i couldnt find the last one im trying to delete the other tread but i dont know how. float has been set and checked several times. heat cycles performed and also have re torque and checked a couple times again.

not sure which need vents and which need sealed. im not a carb guy. the guy i used to have tune my bike started ripping me off. im pretty good with building the motors but i hate messing with the carbs

that has a aftermarket top sooooo
it needs to have a idle screw tap/drilled on the other side of carb by the gas line airscrew side
if it dont have a idle screw then that is your problem:)

take a pic of other side of carb if unsure:)

it is a 1/8 vacuum plug to block the oil injection nipple above that you can buy at a auto parts store for 3 bucks for a whole box
the hoses are like 1 dollar per foot try to get them at a atv/motorcycle dealer/online ect

pre mix at 32:1 in gas tank since oil injection is gone

Last edited:
ok so i ordered the tors delete idle screw. i didnt think it would not make it run right i thought all it would have to do with would be the idle and i thought adjusting the cable out would fix it ?

well all it does is raise the slide/throttle valve in carb
either by the screw or by the cable tension you mention

hope it came with the tap and the screw or your screwed lol

either way i would assume that the cable being that tight the idle would increase when you turn your handle bars
WHICH IS DANGEROUS

it is 1 of your problems so fix it and move on
block off the unwanted air on the oil injection nipple as well

carb plus idle 1 1 2 big 1 1 1.jpg

did that a few hours ago. so adjusted my floats to 20mm from where gasket sits. realized all my gas had leaked out. so sometimes it leaks gas and sometimes it doesnt. cant figure it out cleaned it and just put in new seats and jets. still leaks so adjusted it till it doesnt leak. still running the same. oh and my float bowl drain screw is stripped out. but when it leaks fuel it comes from the hole above the gas inlit and the bottom of the bowl so i dont know what is going on.

know of anyone who has a good carb for sale for cheap one that for sure is good so i can just be done with it. And hopefully that will fix my problems. because like i said this is a complete frankenstien rebuild. i took the best parts outta about 3 bottom ends and a jug from my first blaster which was bored 80 over and ported. and bits and pieces of electrical parts ive bought here and there. Everythings been tested and seem to work just the carb left.