help 450R shock mod

tsufilmz

Sep 17, 2007
Michigan
mounting 450R shock on a +3 swing arm? WTF i cant get it to not clear the frame i will get pics help what am i doing worng?

well i went and cut that tab off an it still hits the fram idk waht the heck is worng only thing i can think of is the +3 swing arm. well let me know what you think here are the pics

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

should have cut off the other tab insted, it looks like the mount is offset to one side and then turn the shock around so the res go's to the right

oh yeah, good point, well i wouldnt recomend notching the frame cause that is the weakest part of the frame, unledd you can weld and gusset it, but i would just get a 400ex shock, they fit almost perfect, im using yfz450 shocks, but you need a lowering kit in the rear for those

250 R shock on the way. no worrys just bolt that on and mount my rezzy. let people know i have a 450R shock F/S

400ex shock is the easiest to mount. A z400 shock works too...that's what i'm running now. The 250r shock is longer than both of these shocks and it will probably jack up the rear end a little bit.

if u get the 86 250r rear its only about1 1/2 longer the other years are about 3 inches longer u have to do alittle grinding to get it to fit suprex has it done he knows more about it