hello its been awhile

pitbullmom

Feb 24, 2010
Blanchard, Oklahoma
Hi all getting back into riding and just brought home 07 400ex, I know its not a blaster but always got good advice here from nice people. Well I just unloaded it and thought to check oil, and its not showing up on dipstick, bike is cold and its 20 or so outside, could it not be showing up cause motors cold or out of cause its out of oil??? Bike ran great not smoke no noise. Please help...thanks in advance

If it is not showing oil on the dipstick it is low on oil, do not start it until you have filled it with oil to the level shown on the stick..

I had a 400ex for awhile. Add some oil to it. Mine did not smoke or drip, but it did use oil. When you change it, Drain it out of the motor, and oil cooler.

You'll have a great time on it. Keep in mind, they do like to wear out rear axle bearings. I put quite a few sets in mine over a few years. Other than that, it was a pleasure to own.

hey josh, good to see you back around !
(josh right ? ) :)

Yea my name is Carly but josh is my husband. Im excited to get back into riding, I read on another forum that the motor should be warm when u check oil. I found my old blaster an old friend had it, but had taken it all apart and I didn't want to mess with it. I sure did enjoy it when I had it.

i know alot of yamaha 4 strokes would show no oil on the dipstick until warm, try warming it up just idling listing for any valvetrain noise and check it, or just see the oil quantity and drain and refill