Hello from Canada!

chrispl

Aug 8, 2008
Posting up from Calgary,Alberta,names Chris and i plan on picking up a blaster pretty soon,and i know of 3 for sale here locally,i plan on doing a bit of trail riding and am looking for advice on anything to watch out for when buying. Here are the 3 that i know of with descriptions and pics.

200cc. Last of the 2 strokes. Great shape. Great starter quad. Renthal bars and gripper seat $3000
bc0a_18.JPG

bc63_18.JPG

1998 Yamaha Blaster Good condition but not perfect. 6spd tranny all new fluids and grease job. Some scratches on it and very small tear in seat. Good rear tires front will need to be replaced soon.
Bought new 4x4 quad and don't use this one enough to keep it. $1750
510b_18.JPG

1999 Yamaha Blaster 200cc bored out to 240cc, bear claw tires, mountain ready, blue with decals, kick start, six gears, top speed will do 120k in 6th gear, performance exhaust including front push bar and jets, and alot of extras. Service manual included. Must see, must sell! $3000

no pics.

Any ideas on which i should lean toward?

first off welcome and if your just trail riding id go with the first one because first off u know the 2 whaz maybe beatin causehe states its not perfect plus its a little older so whos tellin whats done to it and also the third says he whaz doin 120k what do u really think he whaz doin with it to find this out

i'd go with the first one, but it's a tad pricey. I bought mine for 3k brand new out of the box haha

Welcome and enjoy, id drive to northern Ohio or Michigan and get the same bike for 1/2 the price!

hey whats up welcome to the forum I would deffantly go for the 2nd one for the price they all three are a lil steep in price but most deffantly bro go for the second one...I bought mine a couple of weeks ago and only gave 1300 for it and it was pretty much the way you see it in my signiture with all the aftermarket parts and everything

one thing to watch out for is "bored out to 240cc" either their lying that its a big bore, OR they just dont know and think when you bore the cylinder 0.040 over standard its magicaly 240cc. its not its like just 200cc because the blaster is a 195cc but they advertise 200 like everyone else that is just below.

but welcome, im in ontario. used to be up in muskoka but had to move down to north york area. so sh*ty but its fun pissin off the neihbours with the ol' 2 stroker.