Hello Everyone.

cootees

Nov 13, 2009
Roanoke, Va
Just bought a 98 blaster and callmej75 introduced me to this forum. The bike I bought is going to need a lot of work so I look forward to learning as I build it.

Here is the bike 98 blaster. 240 kit, fmf. The owner said it has a blown ring but i will find out more when I start to tear it apart. As you can see I have a lot of work cut out for me.

3m03p03l05Q75T95P99bbe219a5449a4c14.jpg

3k53o03lb5Q55T45S09bb55c82a6cea1d1c.jpg

3kd3o73la5Q55S95Re9bb193537a3c35218.jpg

welcome to the forum. looks good what did you pay for it?. and if it has a 240big bore then thats a good upgrade but its prolly bored 40 over..

Nice. Since you said 240 kit, I'll assume that is indeed what you have.

Good luck, hope you get a lot of ride out of that Blaster.

Thanks everyone. I paid 500 for it. Assuming it has a 240 kit I would think it is worth it but you know how these things go sometimes. The pictures really make it to be in better condition than it really is. The plastics are in bad shape and spray painted.
The shocks, I assume are stockers. He gave me some extra purple plastics and seat from another bike he had and it looks like the shocks were spray bombed blue cause I can seem some purple where the paint is chipping off.

I do not know much else about it but from what I have looked at it seems it was hotwired cause the ignition switch was removed.. the tors has been removed. Rear brake was removed and there is a lot of other odds and ends that are worn out.

Well luckily many things that are worn out, and/or odds and ends that you speak of that may need replacing can be done relatively cheap.....before you know it most of the stuff will be in working order and it won't have drained you....then comes the fun....HAH. Good luck.