Heel Guard Problems

88blasterman

Apr 20, 2011
Ok, so I have a 2004 blaster and i have a set off holeshots on the rear and my problem is the rear tire will rub on the plastic heel guard. it drives me crazy!! what other heel guard could i run or modifications i can do with the stock ones i have on now? anyone else have same problem?

Thanks

Before my rebuild, I had stock heel plates and the plastic heel guards as well as 20" rear holeshots. The tires never rubbed the plastic, but they ALWAYS rubbed the metal heel plates. I got a set of YFZ450 Heel Guards and those didn't rub at all and were easy to mount.

Depending on which weels you have you could flip them. I have warrior rims with 22" Mud lites and there is a little bit of offset, flipping them gave enough clearance. I think stock blaster rims have equal offset so it wouldn't work. Maybe set of spacers?

They are 20" holeshots. But im not sure on what to do! not really wanting to put spacers in it just yet but i may look into the raptor 350 heel guards

I have the 22-11-8 itp mudlites and had the same problem with my right side tire. I just got 2 black zip ties and pulled the lower left side of the heel guard in towards the frame and foot plate and I now have just enough clearance. It's a cheap and quick fix til you do somethin permaneant ( like that extended swinger which would be sick )