@@@@@heeellllppp!!!!@@@@@

bobbyw1200

Jan 11, 2010
str,nj
i have a 2001 yamaha blaster with a minkuni 28mm round slide carb and a clamp on uni to the back of the carb with minkuni stock jetting stock ignition no tors oil block off no lights no airbox fmf powercore 2 full pipe&silencer and it never and still will not go into powerband.... i had 3 different carbs on it and it still didnt HELP!!!

??????? crack that silencer open, clogged up???? somethins holdin it back, woodruff key sheared and out of timing a little?????
weak coil, cdi ????
3 different carbs, cant be that

what kinda power kick you lookin for???? it aint that violent on a blaster

Check your plug to see how it looks, here is a link to a guide to telling whether you are lean or rich from looking at the plug. http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/spark-plug-chop-20247/

If you are still running stock jetting with the mods you have i would say you are running lean. I'd check this before running it anymore, running it lean will cause excessive heat and could very easily lead to more problems. Good luck with ur blaster and welcome to the forum.

check that jetting first and foremost like others have said, i'm thinking thats part of it, and x2 on checking the silencer....and has it sat anywhere for a while? my FMF pipe had a hell of a mouse nest in it.....took an hour and a half with a clothes hanger to get it clean

what kind of oil are you using?? yamaha 2S?<<<<ran it for about a week before i figured it out. just made my blaster run like crap. got 2r and it made all the difference in the world. just thought id try to help. you never know.

well first off a 28mm round slide isnt a stock blaster carb... a stock blaster carb is a 26mm. so whatever stock jetting is in that carb is for a different machine.
from the way your making it sound, it sounds like its running lean if anything...

take the plug out and take a pic and post it up on here and we can tell ya how its running for sure

it seems fine but it bogs sorta its like it wont rev past 1/4 of the throttle when im pressing full and when the gas is almost empty it revs fine before it dies

I would check the jets. you are running a big bore kit, full exhaust, a bigger carb, after market pod filter and stock jets wont work. are the jets stock Blaster size or stock to what came with 28mm you are running?

Have you checked the throttle cable adjustments?

it seems fine but it bogs sorta its like it wont rev past 1/4 of the throttle when im pressing full and when the gas is almost empty it revs fine before it dies

Well from that description i would definately say you are running rich if what you said is true. Try shutting the petcock when its running and it should rev good right before it runs out of fuel, if it does this then its running rich.

When I ran 32:1 with that H1R sh*t, it made my motor suck! Even though its meant for power-valved motors, it still sucks! Get some Bel Ray MC1! Best sh*t. never looked back!