Head/tail malfunctioning

ford_guy

Feb 7, 2016
I recently purchased a 1990 blaster! I took it out with a friend on Houghton lake through lots of snow and slush. the head lights were working all day. All of a sudden (of course when the sun was setting) The headlight and tail light simultaneously go out. They also happen to go out on my friends 2000 blaster. They have not worked on either machine since. I have replaced the rectifier on mine and still no sign. I only checked headlight bulb and the filament seemed okay! What do you guys think? Couldn't really find an answer browsing! Thank you!

to be honest, mine never worked. and when I got it to work it blew the bulb every ride out. I just spent the time and money and switched to LED.

Reactions: ford_guy
to be honest, mine never worked. and when I got it to work it blew the bulb every ride out. I just spent the time and money and switched to LED.
This is a budget build so I will not be upgrading unless i find a good used deal!

Yea, I initially thought that too, unfortunately I don't even get a red light while kicking. It has had plenty of time to dry.

I pulled the cover before our ride and the gasket looked good. I put it back on. I plan to replace the gasket anyway so Ill do that tonight.

I guess I am a fool. I put new bulbs in and it works! The only concern is that it blows out the high beam in a matter of minutes. but the lows work just fine.

IIRC, a rectifier changes AC into DC voltage. When doing conversions usually referred to as a regulator/rectifier.
To test your regulator, see what voltage you have when revving it up.