head mods

Racer51

May 19, 2011
Northwest Ohio
hey guys sorta kicking aroud the idea of doing a head mod before the new race season. and am itching to go much faster what are the different styles of head mods can I do for mid to upper power without neglecting the lower rpms.
The mods I already have to my blaster is a full toomey exhaust boyesen PSR reeds a 30mm carb 50pilot and 148 main at 660feet and a uni pod filter. comp is a solid 122psi stock piston. re-ringed last year also my weight is 200 with all my gear on if that helps. It is for mx but this is like 3-5 gear mx nearly flat track with moderate 3 foot jumps and stuff.
So of corse id like to get as much pipe crackling power I can get on premium pump gas what ever the highest is now Id say between 91-94 octane. my dad gets reasonable amounts cause he works at bp and on discount.so that shouldent be a problem. BTW I know porting is king but the rings are fine and I dont wanna rip it apart 2 and a half weeks before the season opener or have that much to spend yet thanks for keeping that in mind. Also what kind of compression is to be expected?
let me know what you guys think of my mods I feel they are adequet and complement each other.

I'd go with the hemi head. You better hurry, times running out. Might be better off getting an extra head to send off, time wise, JMO
??time wise it dosent take that long does it like 2 days if that to turn it arround at the most aint it? yea was seriously consedering a hemi head but what does the bowl look like. compared to a torduioal(cant pronuce it)
Time running out ? I didn't hear anything about Ken O'Conner racing not doing heads anymore.
thats what I thought
I'll turn that chit over in a day if I know it's coming.
I have to get paid for parts then I'll deffinatly contact you within a week of when I get paid and we can talk shop. How much by the way $60 or so

If it was me,I would find the money and get the porting done too. It takes less than 15 minutes to remove the cylinder and head from a blaster if the tools are right in front of you. That includes removing the pipe,tank and plastic. Don't use it as an excuse to drag your feet. :D ...Seriously

Re-instalation is almost a quick as long as your cylinder is clean and the proper tools are in front of you.

To favor the top end I would suggest the "Hemi". It still works excellent at the low and mid rpms.

Hemi below...
100_4465_zpse33b6016.jpg

I have KennedyPower's porting and head work done with a shearer pipe he sold me, and it is insane. 13:1 compression running 93 octane. hemi combustion chamber with modified squish band. he did all the research and testing to get it right. i'm still running stock carb and keep up with 400cc 4 strokes.

??

I have to get paid for parts then I'll deffinatly contact you within a week of when I get paid and we can talk shop. How much by the way $60 or so

This ^^^ is part of what I was refering to. Plus what about shipping? You paying the $jack$ for express shipping ?

Never said anybody was stopping head mods, but time is STILL ticking away, plus it would still be wise to check the "tune" after he gets it together.

Just My Honest Opinion, your results (and shipping time) may, and will vary. Good luck !! 8-|

thanks man BTW I know what you ment even if they dident. I figuerd a week on shipping both ways and a day or so to turn it and then a week to tune it. as far as porting joe I can just take th pipe off and such and polish it out to freshin it up while it's out so im not wasting time. and when I have to do A top end next year I'll do some serious porting with ken. but for now it looks like just a head mod.