Hare Scramble

bigreds19

Mar 28, 2012
MICHIGAN
running my first race this weekend and i was just wondering if anyone her has ran a blaster at one of these races and if it did good.

what series are you doing? i did two on my blaster, you just gotta keep it on the power band! racing my 450r this weekend in one

Just saw this thread today. My dad did one on his blaster! It was for two hours and he got 2nd place!

Cross country tracks are usually cut for 50" paths. A blasty is pretty narrow. My buddy runs his in the IXCR series. His is got a 5" widening kit. I run my raptor with a 2" widening kit and its 47" wide with the kit and it just about perfect. My buddys blaster is still narrower than my raptor even with the 5" kit. Defiantly want your shocks preload adjusted all the way out if they are stock. Shocks are what makes you survive in a cross country race. Its really a endurance race.

will most likely put different shocks on at least front

after riding a 450 blasters front suspensions are like... well cant think of anything smart to say but its really dam bumpy haha

i can see where a blaster mite be a advantage.. untill a straight section

good luck bud.

stupid question, are there any in minnesota?

ive always wanted to try one.

For hare scrambles here, narrower and shorter the better. Tracks are riddled with stumps and paths are never definite. Where the wider 450's are getting caught up on stumps the Blaster can squeeze through.
Definitely decent shocks are a must, your arms will be killing after a half an hour of rough forest racing.
20's all around atleast with full skids to clear or slide off stumps or stones.
Lights can be a lot of help in dark forests, even in the full light of day the sun cant get through the trees.

Don't try and go too fast because things WILL break. I've lost 2 chains and a 2 sprockets even with full skids.
Get a heads up and ride the track the day before, walk it even.

might just have to find a stop sign or something to make guards i have a rear one but have to figure something for frame.. and some meater bigger tires

thanks for the input up in wisconsin we ride around in the woods all day so maybe ill be a "natural" haha