Hard 2 start

S

sgp

My blasters hard to start. When it starts it gots weak bottom end power the when you hit powerband its fast and strong. Any ideas y its hard 2 start?:(

How longs it been since it was rebuilt?

Do a compression test and see where your at. I would bet its about ready for a rebuild. You probably have some worn rings and cylinder, and low compression. 2 strokes wear out, just the nature of the beast.

Low compression will hurt your low end, and make it hard to start, but top end will feel "ok" as its moving so fast it can build enough compression to pop the air/fuel mix.

Good luck. Check the compression and come back to us.

if you live somewhere pretty cold and let it sit up for a few weeks it will do that then you run it full throttle and reim it out and it's all good but for you that might not be the case

It just had a top end rebuild. I dont have a compression tester, but when you kick it its not easy.

It just had a top end rebuild. I dont have a compression tester, but when you kick it its not easy.

Ok, well, if you just had a new topend, your probably fine. Sounds like jetting then, or pull your reed valves and make sure they arent cracked or chipped or anything.

Clean your carb lately?

and what size main jet do you have in it, wheres your idle screw set at?

I got it started and was riding in 1st gear then it just died. I tried to kick it and it was kinda hard then i tried agian and the kicker wouldn't even move. Does that sound like the piston blew? Man i sure hope not cuz i just rebuilt the topend and now im broke.