GTX21's Blaster build

GTX21

Oct 26, 2009
York Haven, Pa
So I got my frame and swing arm back from powder coating today and im gonna start putting my 1990 blaster back together. Its gonna be red, black, and metallic silver. So after going through all my pieces I found out a couple things. The guy that i got it from must have tryed to fix the right side hub by boring it out and putting in a sleeve on the bearing. Also my steering stem is bent and really worn out where it rides on the uppuer mount. Also the other half of the right hub is cracked where the brake arm goes through(the image isnt to clear but its cracked on both sides of the hole). I order a bunch of parts from Vitos, RockyMountain, and denniskirk over the weekend, so when they come I should be able to get pretty far.

So Im looking for a steering stem, and a complete right side front hub. Also the bike didnt come with any rear hubs so im looking for a pair of those too.If anyone has anything and would like to sell it, just send me a message and ill get back to you. Thanks.

Looks good bro keep us posted on your progress. I like seeing what other people are doing to thier Blasters for ideas on when I redo mine next winter or when ever my LT rebuild is done.

Looks good bro. While you have the front brakes off, this would be an excellent time to ditch the drum brakes and pick up some nice sexy hydros :)

Chill out there yb.

Got some goodies in the mail today!

Wiseco Top End kit (67mm)
Vitos(TORS removal kit)
Vitos(Oil Injection Kit)
Motion Pro(Shorty brake cable)
Moose(Seals and Gasket kit (Top End and Bottom))
Moose(Clutch and Brake Levers)

I didnt realize until I ordered it all that I got two top end gasket kits. One in the piston kit and the other in the seal kit, But thats ok because the extra top end gasket will be good for when I rering it. Their should be more coming in the mail tommorrow from Rocky mountain!!