great now i need URGENT help...

Kgries

Apr 9, 2014
Aberdeen Township, New Jersey
okay so i ran into an even bigger problem? i guess....

so anyway i had my engine running well. but ofcourse after a few hours of riding....my tranny oil..well lets just say it was almost like the oil plug came out..but it didnt.

you can see the oil just pouring out into my truck bed...

so what i can tell or presume is, the bolts started coming out, and i lost one almost 2.

Im not sure why they came loose but they did, i cant change that now.

So tell me guys how f*cked am I? am i going to have to remove the whole engine to fix this?

its leaking right from the seal where you see the blue stuff. How can i fix this?

Probably need the gasket that goes there. Kind of hard to tell where it's coming from. Easiest way to tell is remove the kicker and case.

Also not trying to be picky but you might want to put a clamp on where you exhaust meets the silencer.

its coming from somewhere around the seal of the cover. I dont have to split the case or remove the engine right? just take off that cover and replace the seal?

And i know, my exhaust needs some work haha the rtv is just a quick patch

There is suppose to be one there I think... Try that first but I think the gasket needs replacing and no you can leave the engine on when thanking that off.

yep, loosing 2 bolts will do that, get a new clutch cover gasket (no blue stuff needed) and preferably a set of allen head cover bolts, so you can properly torque them to specs.

here, the clutch cover gasket and allen bolts for both side covers can be found here in the first 2 rows of parts.....
http://kenoconnorracing.com/OEM Blaster Parts.html

no removing the engine but you'll need to remove the footpeg and kicker to remove the clutch cover

edit.....i see at least one case screw missing on the bottom where the oil is coming out, one at the back of the engine, and 2 hex head bolts with washers on the top 2 ?
WTH ?
get the proper bolts for everything, not just what ya found laying around, or expect more threads like this one :)

Reactions: motoman159
it looks like there is summin on those two bolts its white?? thread tape or summin?might be a good idea to go over all of the screws,bolts on entire motor for tightness torqued,i hade that happen on my other blaster bottom case bolts someone tryed to hide a problem with red silicon on the bolt on the inside and guess what it came loose

it hard to tell from pick but it looks like your also missing a tube on carb,for even easier way of dirt getting in there?:) yes/no?

I always seem to buy other peoples problems. from my bike to my truck. never fails. so with that said. replace what you can with oem or upgrade parts like you are. torque everything to proper specs and you wont have any issues again.

I always seem to buy other peoples problems. from my bike to my truck. never fails. so with that said. replace what you can with oem or upgrade parts like you are. torque everything to proper specs and you wont have any issues again.
I second that. The deeper I got with mine the worse it got. I just rebuilt everything. Sucks but I have piece of mind and it was fun!