Got a BANSHEE!!!

Well i got some better pics of it excuse the mess of a garage but ive got 100 things going at once and not much time to clean it up but here they are.

Banshee8.jpg

Banshee7.jpg

Banshee6.jpg

Banshee4.jpg

Banshee3.jpg

Now for what i found and it the only problem ive found but ive also not tore her down yet either.But i figure ill tear it down and if theres no cracks and it broke clean from what im guessing is a chain busting ill just take a grinder to it and clean it up.Worst case scenario is i buy a new case halve which ive alotted funding for in the over all budget of this banshee.Let me know what you think.

Bansheecase3.jpg

Bansheecase2.jpg

Bansheecase.jpg

It dont look to be leaking but ill know more once i get her apart.is this a common occurence?I found a few case halves on ebay people have dressed for what appears to be the same issue.Ill be investing in a case saver for sure!

Last edited:
Not necessary. For some reason the t6 never caught on and that should tell you something.
This info comes from TDR racing: The t5 has a horsepower peak of around 8700 rpms.
The Pro-circuit platinum's have a HP peak of around 9000. The t6 has a hp peak of around slightly higher (9200?) then the t5.
Heres where it gets technical, the t5 and t6 will hit harder in the powerband then the pro-circuit but the pro-circuit will rev out higher before falling off and give better power down low.
Lots of guys like the hard hitting Toomey pipes.
Lots of guys like the pro-circuit's because they are more controllable and have wider powerband that stays on the pipe longer.
In the banshee world the FMF's are not that good. Some guys like them but most think the high end trade for low end is too much with that pipe and I agree- it's a Banshee, celebrate it haha.
All 4 pipes are way better then the stockers.
I choose the PC pipes because I like the wider powerband on the trails like most guys who have them.
For porting I recommend Flotek. I know Ken has a great rep here and he does good work jes I've never seen him do a shee...
BTW the PC pipes sound wicked like a shee should sound haha
Here's mine wearing Pro-Circuits
Bear claws through the mud on a Banshee. - YouTube

First of all let me say HOLY sh*t that sounds mean!!!

And i think the higher revs will benefit me we do alot of country cruising and along the river so i would benefit from the higher revs especially when we hit the dunes at BADLANDS.

But im torn between the DMC alien pipes or the toomey T6's which do you personally recommend?

Those of you with banshees of the three ive listed toomey t6,fmf fatty,and dmc alien which is the best all around performer?Im looking for that freight train powerband to come on but be torquey as well.

also can anyone decipher the numbers on the motor i want to know what year exactly this is the guy said 04 but id like to know for sure.

2GU-011131

First of all let me say HOLY sh*t that sounds mean!!!

And i think the higher revs will benefit me we do alot of country cruising and along the river so i would benefit from the higher revs especially when we hit the dunes at BADLANDS.

But im torn between the DMC alien pipes or the toomey T6's which do you personally recommend?

Those of you with banshees of the three ive listed toomey t6,fmf fatty,and dmc alien which is the best all around performer?Im looking for that freight train powerband to come on but be torquey as well.

Sorry brudder I don't know enough about the DMC pipes to to have an opinion on them.

Yea its a bit faded but its also been sitting in a barn for over a year.

Plus..."THAT sh*t WILL BUFF OUT" lmfao!!!

Well from what ive read the T6's arent bad so ill probably givem a shot.

also can anyone decipher the numbers on the motor i want to know what year exactly this is the guy said 04 but id like to know for sure.

2GU-011131

If you can get the # off the frame I can look it up when I get home from work for you. They should be on the left side on the bottom of the frame right in front on the motor.

Ditch the boost bottle idea, does nothing but cause intake boots to tear. Get on BHQ and you'll get clowned out for having it. T6 works best with unported motors, or porting aimed for them. I wouldn't worry about chain whack until you get to super pimp, plus cases are a matched set.

One other thing, and this applies to everyone, clean that engine better BEFORE you tear it apart X:)o

Ditch the boost bottle idea, does nothing but cause intake boots to tear. Get on BHQ and you'll get clowned out for having it. T6 works best with unported motors, or porting aimed for them. I wouldn't worry about chain whack until you get to super pimp, plus cases are a matched set.

One other thing, and this applies to everyone, clean that engine better BEFORE you tear it apart X:)o

Good to know i was under the impression the boost bottles worked on these but if not then yea i dont want it.

And i usually do clean them prior to tear down but figured since id be seperating the cases any ways id go ahead and have them hot tanked at a local machine shop prior to paint and reassembly.

Ive got a manual now (Thanks awk) but not had time to read it just off the top of your head is it necessary to seperate the cases to replace seals?Is it like the blaster just pop them out and drivem home?

Ya crank seals gotta split cases for, not for counter shaft,tho. As to the case halves, be advised it's best to get a matched set. The bores are machined with cases mated, due to manufacturing tolerances if you bought just a top odds are greater that you will have problems.

Damn looks like you really got a good deal there. Is this your first banshee? If you need pipes I can help.
DGPipes002.jpg

I also have a complete set of white plastics. In case you want to get rid or sell the red ones. White Plastics are the most popular & great for color combos.

Congrats.

Troy

Larry made a good point about the cases.
1000's of guys have mis matched cases and many more who prolly don't know it.
I run mismatched cases. I think your good as long you keep it kinda tame on the mods.
It's when you strap aftermarket cylinders and stroker cranks is when problems can start.
Next time you have it down post pix of the inside of the cases.

Now for what i found and it the only problem ive found but ive also not tore her down yet either.But i figure ill tear it down and if theres no cracks and it broke clean from what im guessing is a chain busting ill just take a grinder to it and clean it up.Worst case scenario is i buy a new case halve which ive alotted funding for in the over all budget of this banshee.Let me know what you think.

Bansheecase.jpg

It dont look to be leaking but ill know more once i get her apart.is this a common occurence?I found a few case halves on ebay people have dressed for what appears to be the same issue.Ill be investing in a case saver for sure!

You don't have to mismatch cases in order to have one that's not broken out.... that case is completely saveable.

Damn looks like you really got a good deal there. Is this your first banshee? If you need pipes I can help.
DGPipes002.jpg

I also have a complete set of white plastics. In case you want to get rid or sell the red ones. White Plastics are the most popular & great for color combos.

Congrats.

Troy

How oes that DG setup compare to the toomey T6?

Ive always been under the impression DG wasnt too far beyond a stock setup?

In the banshees case i think just about anything though would be and improvement its so restrictive.

And si and larrys'shee i plan to grind that rough break down and smooth it out if theres no other breaks or cracks.Ill find out when i split the cases to do bearings and seals.