going to start a build

bansheedave

Nov 4, 2010
I am picking up a 96 Yamaha blaster roller today and possibly a 99 cr125 to be the donor. I:I

Right on! When you get em , try to post some pics!

And here's a link on how to upload pictures if you don't know how to.

http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/how-post-picture-photobucket-55659/

I will get pics up as I progress. I do have a photobucket account, so that's no issue. I picked up the blaster roller. it was as I expected. the frame is awesome but it was tossed together to sell. 99% of the bolts are hardware special. but that's ok, ebay has me covered. ive been checking the posts on here for inspiration.
one question, I was thinking of using the cr radiators and fitting them inside those aluminum air scoops. think that will work out ok, or is there a better choice?

I will get pics up as I progress. I do have a photobucket account, so that's no issue. I picked up the blaster roller. it was as I expected. the frame is awesome but it was tossed together to sell. 99% of the bolts are hardware special. but that's ok, ebay has me covered. ive been checking the posts on here for inspiration.
one question, I was thinking of using the cr radiators and fitting them inside those aluminum air scoops. think that will work out ok, or is there a better choice?

You might be able to mount them using the scoops if they fit just right, but youre probably gonna have to fabricate some mounting brackets.

Going to pick the cr up today. Once I get it home, I will start taking some pictures. It will be mostly ordering parts over the winter and fabing up brackets and whatever I may need. It won't be a slow build but since I have to go between different garages since I live in an apartment, it will take some time. I will make brackets for the radiators if I have the room. If not, I will run a quad specific rad. Will just have to wait and see. This will be my third blaster. The first one I totaled than it got repossessed when I couldn't make payments. I was a kid back than. The second one I built into a very fast and fun bigbore 240 with a bore and stroke. That one went away when I got divorced. Ex took it. This one will be the best one yet and won't be going anywhere except the dunes and trails. :)

Oh, and once I get the fab work done and whatever I have to do, the frame will get powder coated and the motor will get bigbore 144. Won't be a cheap build either..lol long travel suspension, yfz front shocks. Trx250r rear shock. Extended swinger. After all, I am a big guy...lol

Well, got the cr 125 home. I hit gold. The bike is clapped out but what I need isn't. The radiator is one big tank instead of two separate tanks. I'm very pleased and did not know that. Making tabs to mount it will be a cake walk.

Sounds like its gonna be badass when its done! This one should be safe as long as its payed off and your ex doesn't get ahold of it LOL, looking forrward to seeing some pics!

Here's an idea on dual radiator mounting on blaster chassis.

Yamaha YFS200/DT200 - Yummie Yami, Upgrade The YFS; To Be The Best

looked good. I don't have to deal with the duel rads. the cr is one big rad. will be easier to mount. I have to get batteries for my camera in order to post pics. my phone cant do it well enough.

Well, no pics as of yet but the cr125 motor is almost a drop in. The cr radiator will fit pretty good. It's the exhaust that will be a headache. I do have some pics on my phone. I will try and load them to photobucket and post them.

Awsome! Looks like its gonna be a fun project! Is that another mounting hole on the bottom of the cases? If it is, I reccomend that you fabricate/ weld some mounting brackets on the
Frame, it would definatly help reduce vibation considering a cr125 engine is not counterbalanced.

I had planned to do that. Won't be able to make the head stay work. I wish I could though

Well, I have the motor and swingarm lining up pretty good. Going to mark and cut the swinger soon . Have to make lower motor mounts when I get the swingarm done. Also going to order a different pipe to see if I can make something else work a little better.

Well, I have the motor and swingarm lining up pretty good. Going to mark and cut the swinger soon . Have to make lower motor mounts when I get the swingarm done. Also going to order a different pipe to see if I can make something else work a little better.

Sounds good! I would stick with an expansion chamber designed for a 125. And if yours doesn't fit very well, then I would either modify it to work, or I would fabricate a "tuned expansion chamber".

Here's an awsome thread on how to fab a "tuned pipe"
Build a "Tuned" pipe for a 2-stroke

I figured out, if I move the coil mount, I can make a head stay mount and weld it where the coil used to be.
I can make the expansion chamber work, but I need to add about 1/2 to 3/4 to the pipe. I already cut the flange off that seals to the cylinder. that's where I need to add it. I think the ktm 125 sx pipe may fit better. just weld the cr flange to the ktm.

Ordered swing arm bearings, axles bearings and seals cause both sets are gone. Can not accurately mark the swingarm for cutting if its is out I'd whack. So ill get the new bearings in, measure and mark the swingarm, remove the bearings and make my cuts. Won't be a hard endeavor.