Go Kart Build.

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys well since iv got 2 pitbikes at the moment. im going to finish the one i have £200/$300 on. and sell it on for £400/$600 as that's the make of pitbike is worth that over here :). (Demon X 140)

my plan is once iv sold the pitbike im going to buy a Go Kart Frame Either Used On Ebay but you don't get anything apart from the bash under place. or i will buy a used one of a local site that has wheels etc on.

the engine plan is to put my ktm 250 exc 1990 engine in it. so will be chain driven.

we have a place not to far from us that allows people on with karts they also doing drifting on the track.

this will be a slow build to begin with as i still need to finish pitbike and advertise it. but once its sold it will be getting started and alot of stuff ordered.

if anyone has pictures of there kart builds with Similar engines i would be grateful to give me a base on what to do etc. i did have a go kart frame a few years back but ended up scrapping it as the parts i sent off to get fixed Mysteriously Disappeared so i was left with just frame and a honda engine.

but should be fun doing this and be fun once its done and being able to drive it :D

Sounds like a blast!

I have always wanted to make a kart with a motorcycle engine I:I

Are you talking one of the racing cart frames that the engine touches your side? You will probably have to make your own frame to run that engine behind you, or go deaf with it next to you lol, and the heat would be crazy

I cant wait to see this build :D I:I :D

Sounds like a blast!

I have always wanted to make a kart with a motorcycle engine I:I

Are you talking one of the racing cart frames that the engine touches your side? You will probably have to make your own frame to run that engine behind you, or go deaf with it next to you lol, and the heat would be crazy

I cant wait to see this build :D I:I :D

still not sure whether the engine is going behind me or the side.(reason why i have asked if anyone has done it with a bike engine as i need some ideas lol.) probs if i can just put it beside me or possibly end up using a buggy frame. so the title will either be Go Kart Or Buggy. but either way will have the ktm engine in it :D

this will be just for fun as i have the other pitbike im keeping and this kart once its done will fit on my mates box trailer so won't need transport for this either so all cash will be going into the kart.

Should be sweet once its done though I:I trying to think of the power :p lol

Same motor as the second one, just different brand... I dont think i would make it so close though, Put it behind you i think would be the best

If you are planning on making it a track/drift one, are you adding any suspension?

Same motor as the second one, just different brand... I dont think i would make it so close though, Put it behind you i think would be the best

If you are planning on making it a track/drift one, are you adding any suspension?

not sure yet man there is only 1 place to go with them where i live and its basically a track but not very great lol great track for opening up though I:I still deciding whether to put the throttle as a pedal or on the steering wheel as seen a kart on ebay with the levers etc like a bike.

My brother and i had some junk carts once, 5hp engines, really dumb

We could do 40mph, and when you drift going 20-40, you dont want the gas on the wheel lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you do a rack and pinion steering

Its way stronger that the usual little homemade flip thing on the front (kind of like a blasters, except dummer)

This is how a rack and pinion works
http://tinyurl.com/lnh6dma

This is a real one (power steering i think)
http://tinyurl.com/kf778k3

Bad news..

the place that i was planning on using the kart isn't letting people on anymore with karts as they have had too many complaints about it. gonna build something with the ktm engine though but something i can use at the field im using the pitbike.

need ideas though on what though ;)