getting a new cpw oko carb.

Hopefully its in better shape than. This ebay on I got.

The pic on their site looks different than the one I got from ebay

cpwcarb.jpg

What's that thing on the front

It's a power jet. It pulls fuel from the float bowl and up into a secondary orifice sitting directly in front of the slide. Only once the slide opens to "uncover" the power jet does it add fuel. Like having a 4 barrel carburetor instead of a 2 barrel carburetor on an american V8 muscle car...sort of.

Did you get the power jet model? If not, it won't have that on there and if it doesn't have it, it's no problem. Mine doesn't and it runs great without it.

They're really useful for a peaky engine which requires a richer mixture at peak RPM or setting up a carburetor for less energy dense fuel.

Don't know. They only had one option on there site. Guess ill find out. I just hope the carb was the actual problem before.

That's the carb I'm running only mine was oval bored to 30mm.

It's a copy of the Keihin PWK28.

got it in today... havent put it on yet though.

this one is an oval bore too i think. when i look on the engine side its bored some but only on the top and bottom.

this one also came with hoses, and the float was already at 20mm.

and it also had the stamps in the jets and needles.

:) i have a good feeling about this one and its abulity to work.

thats a nice lookin carb, for an oko, and valley cycle runs and races blasters under their project blaster/factory 7 badges
i'd have rather seen you call them, they could have got the jetting close for your mods, and does yours have the power jet ?????

thats a nice lookin carb, for an oko, and valley cycle runs and races blasters under their project blaster/factory 7 badges
i'd have rather seen you call them, they could have got the jetting close for your mods, and does yours have the power jet ?????

no, it doesent have the power jet, but they said they could have ordered me one, but it might take up to 4 weeks to get it.

but the build quality of this one compared to the ebay one I got is like night and day. The ebay one bolt holes are off center, it has an extra nipple, there were shaveing form bolts that were cross thraeaded. etc.

I gave them my specs, and they send me a 150, 148, 145 mains, but they send the normale 38 and 40 that they usually send with them.

The other thing thats nice is that I feel like they opened it and adjust the float on them as it not int he original packageing, and the float level appears to be correct.

good stuff bro, hope it works out for ya and ends the headaches you've been havin !!!

I actually bought mine direct from the manufacturer in Taiwan. It came in it's original packaging direct through the mail.

It sounds like you've got what I've got now. My jets were numbered and the bore was bored top and bottom to make it 30mm.

You've got jets in the range you probably need. If not, they can be ordered from jet-r-us or CPW (or pretty much any dealership who deals with dirtbikes). You need keihin "6mm hex" jets. Pretty much all the parts that fit on the keihin PWK 28 fit on the OKO 30, afterall, it's a knockoff/copy.

Sounds like you're on your way.